How do chose your E-Sessions

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Hellequin

How do chose your E-Sessions

Post by Hellequin »

Another Thread about variation...

I am just reading the books the second time to get everything in.
In the chapter of E-sessions, there is also SE.
I am thinking about using those SE sessions for some of my E-trainings:

Week one:
Mon: MS
Tue: HIC
Wed: MS
Thirs: HIC
Fri: MS
Sat: E = LSS
Sun: Rest

Week two:
Tue: HIC
Thirs: HIC
Sat: E = SE Circuit

Week three:
Tue: HIC (easy)
Thirs: HIC (easy)
Sat: E = LSS

Is it even a good idea to replace LSS with a SE session?

mikhou

Re: How do chose your E-Sessions

Post by mikhou »

So...what is your purpose in wanting to do this? I personally wouldn't do this as I don't see the benefit. If anything I think that it could potentially hamper your recovery prior to your next MS session.

Additionally, what are your goals? Is there a reason that you need an E session? I personally like to have an E session each week in order to help maintain a certain level of E-type conditioning. But what are YOUR goal and purposes for running TB? That'll help answer the question.

Hellequin

Post by Hellequin »

The purpose is, that I have a family and there are days I can't go out due to my responsibilities at home. When my kids sleep I won't get out of the house as long as my wife is not at home. Those days would be great for a little SE-training. I have some kettlebells (up to 32kg) at home and could do such a SE session.

I do E-sessions because of there are E-sessions in the Black protocol. I try to get my MS and my HIC done how it's written. But there are weeks where I am short in time and where I have to stay at home. SE would be a way to get my E-sessions done (SE=E in the book).

My goal is to stay 'fit'. I work as a police officer and I don't do marathons or triathlons. My focus is on my martial arts training and my strength training and I get those HIC and E sessions done to stay fit.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

You can always do BYF. 1 round takes 12 min and it is one of the best simple drills that can get you well conditioned with no jokes.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Hellequin

Post by Hellequin »

Barkadion wrote:You can always do BYF. 1 round takes 12 min and it is one of the best simple drills that can get you well conditioned with no jokes.
BYF sounds pretty hardcore. I will have to try it. I can also do meat eater II at home. But I don't have any aerobic conditioning tools at home, thats why I was talking about SE circuits as E.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Hellequin wrote:
Barkadion wrote:You can always do BYF. 1 round takes 12 min and it is one of the best simple drills that can get you well conditioned with no jokes.
BYF sounds pretty hardcore. I will have to try it. I can also do meat eater II at home. But I don't have any aerobic conditioning tools at home, thats why I was talking about SE circuits as E.
You don’t need any tools for BYF. It looks scarier than it is. Just start easy. You won’t regret it.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

StayGrey

Post by StayGrey »

Hellequin wrote:Another Thread about variation...

I am just reading the books the second time to get everything in.
In the chapter of E-sessions, there is also SE.
I am thinking about using those SE sessions for some of my E-trainings:

Is it even a good idea to replace LSS with a SE session?
You are interpreting it incorrectly. SE is not a cardio domain, it's a strength domain. It's primary function is to train the quality of strength-endurance, not the cardiovascular system.

If you're looking for a conditioning/cardiovascular training substitute it shouldn't be SE. Look into Funruns, GC-HICs or something along those lines. A fun-run is a great way to get in cardio/E along with bodyweight work.

StayGrey

Post by StayGrey »

Hellequin wrote:
If you have your body you have an aerobic tool. Anything over 2 minutes of continuous activity engages the aerobic system in varying degrees. Most of the HICs train the aerobic system, not just the anaerobic system in isolation. There are many HICs that can be done bodyweight-only, or simply with the addition of a jump rope and/or dumbbell or kettlebell.

If you're looking for an E workout, then any mostly-continuous activity for 30 minutes or more = E. You can jog up and down your stairs for 30 minutes, or treat it like a fun-run and do a short set of push-ups at the top and jumping jacks at the bottom or something...use your imagination.

alottadav

Post by alottadav »

Hellequin wrote:
JUMP ROPE- worlds cheapest "conditioning tool" and has gotten all the greatest fighters in the world in shape.. double unders for speed, slow skips for E. drop and do burps. JUMP ROPE Burpees/ KB and you've got a full body workout with endless possibility

Hellequin

Post by Hellequin »

Thank you all guys for those quick answers. Going to follow your advice and start with rope jumps at home :-)