Protocol for easy week

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Tyr0331

Protocol for easy week

Post by Tyr0331 »

How do you adjust your programming to accomadate your easy week?

Barkadion

Re: Protocol for easy week

Post by Barkadion »

I've ended up doing just one HIC with 50% of effort (rounds/intensity/duration). I'd throw E at the end of the week if it is a last week of the cycle. To just punish myself :lol:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

Barkadion wrote:I've ended up doing just one HIC with 50% of effort (rounds/intensity/duration). I'd throw E at the end of the week if it is a last week of the cycle. To just punish myself :lol:
What do you use for your E sessions usually? Or do you mix it up?

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Tyr0331 wrote:
Barkadion wrote:I've ended up doing just one HIC with 50% of effort (rounds/intensity/duration). I'd throw E at the end of the week if it is a last week of the cycle. To just punish myself :lol:
What do you use for your E sessions usually? Or do you mix it up?
I keep it 30min either LSS run or LSS Airbike ride.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

I typically shoot for 50%. So if I'm slated to do say a 60 minute run, I'll just do 30 minutes.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

I typically do 3 workouts with at least a day in between each. If my cluster is SQ/BP/WCU/DL, on the first workout I will do SQ and BP 3x5 at 5/3/1 deload percentages (40/50/60% of TM). Then I'll do a half HIC. However, I don't let my total workout (including warmups) exceed 45 minutes. So if I hit that 45 minute mark and I haven't even done that half HIC, I'll call an end to it. On the 2nd workout, I will do DL at deload percentages and a half HIC following the same protocol. Since the top set of deload percentages (60%) for WCU is still above my bodyweight, I just skip chin-ups that week unless they are called for in a HIC. On the 3rd workout, I usually do half of a GC HIC. Now keep in mind that I am running Op I/A, and I take an easy week at the end of every Op I/A cycle. So I am doing this every 3.5-4 weeks. If I ran longer blocks or back-to-back Op I/A cycles, I would potentially do less than this on easy weeks.