Stepping away from the barbell

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Tyr0331

Stepping away from the barbell

Post by Tyr0331 »

Six weeks in on my fighter Bangkok/black cycle and I'm thinking about stepping away from barbell strength days and just using S&S 3-4 days/week with BJJ. Then jump right back into the fighter sessions where I left off. What do you guys think?

Aelian

Re: Stepping away from the barbell

Post by Aelian »

6 weeks is a decent block. I don't see any issues with cycling on to something new for a while.

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

I just wanted to work on the S&S goals for a few weeks straight and let my body recover a bit from the strength lifts

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Tyr0331 wrote:Six weeks in on my fighter Bangkok/black cycle and I'm thinking about stepping away from barbell strength days and just using S&S 3-4 days/week with BJJ. Then jump right back into the fighter sessions where I left off. What do you guys think?
Especially for someone training BJJ a lot, this is a fine way to go. Something like six weeks of Black+Fighter followed by three weeks of S&S would be pretty solid. I might at some additional SE work during the S&S period, maybe a Tango Circuit once a week.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Tyr0331 wrote:Six weeks in on my fighter Bangkok/black cycle and I'm thinking about stepping away from barbell strength days and just using S&S 3-4 days/week with BJJ. Then jump right back into the fighter sessions where I left off. What do you guys think?
I have had success with that in the past. The extra recovery is great and you can step up the bjj sessions easily.