Article "Operator Options". You'll Want to Read This.

MxS/SE/HIC/E

xfitxm

Re: Article "Operator Options". You'll Want to Read This.

Post by xfitxm »

Amazing. I always wondered if I could do the first option and now I have my answer :)

Can this be an option. BP 2 days and OHP on the last day? Kind like incorporating deadlift but instead it's OHP.

Last time I switched cluster from BP to OHP, I lost a lot of strength on the BP when I came back and only after 1 block of OHP.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

This article is the answer to my prayers.
Amen!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

So I just did this using the "lean & mean" option. Ended up doing;

Bench Press x 5 (work) sets
Deadlift x 3 (work) sets

It was one of the best sessions I've had. I find I need more weekly volume with my bench in comparison to my squats. I can get away with squatting the minimums and still progress, but with bench I usually have to go over 3 sets per. Doing it this way I got in extra BP volume and had a really fun deadlift workout. Not having to squat left a lot more in the tank to DL, no question.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

TangoZero wrote:So I just did this using the "lean & mean" option. Ended up doing;

Bench Press x 5 (work) sets
Deadlift x 3 (work) sets

It was one of the best sessions I've had. I find I need more weekly volume with my bench in comparison to my squats. I can get away with squatting the minimums and still progress, but with bench I usually have to go over 3 sets per. Doing it this way I got in extra BP volume and had a really fun deadlift workout. Not having to squat left a lot more in the tank to DL, no question.
I also did this the last session, dropped the squats and did more deads.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Awesome options, I used lean and mean, I think for my current goals this is a great fit into the end of the current and future blocks. Thanks for the ideas!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote:Awesome options, I used lean and mean, I think for my current goals this is a great fit into the end of the current and future blocks. Thanks for the ideas!
I am thinking of using it for my next block. Also, I might add MS Fobbits with pull-ups to compliment the option.
Another heretic thought to do DL/Dips on 3rd day for mean/lean variation. BP/Dips marriage does magic from my personal experience.

So, it'd be like:

M - SQ/BP/WPU
T - HIC
W - SQ/BP/WPU
TH - HIC or Off
F - DL/WDips
S - MS Fobbits w/chins and rollouts (under 30min)

But I admit the heresy of it :lol:

Adski

Post by Adski »

Mate we must be on the same wave length as I've been thinking of bringing dips back somehow too..... so 2 days OHP and day 3 Deadlift/Dips/Rollouts

Though I feel that even by suggesting this I or we may be taken out in front of the TB community, and publicly shamed.... possibly flogged.....

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote:Though I feel that even by suggesting this I or we may be taken out in front of the TB community, and publicly shamed.... possibly flogged.....
I am getting back to heavy bag work, so why not? :lol:

Adski

Post by Adski »

Haha, True! Cue the Roy Jones music, "can't be touched!"