Building A Better Human

Barkadion

Re: Building A Better Human

Post by Barkadion »

Train_Hard_Live_Easy wrote:Well, that was a tough month....... 6 days per week and 14 hour days on some of them...... something had to give.

And give it did..... I gave myself that rarest of commodities and got back some time..... I sold my training business to my partner....having two businesses [with both being full on] I had to make a decision...... I am now down to just the one business....... but I will still take the odd client on for a short term project or a specific objective..... but for now, training others is no longer a main focus.

So, after a month of little if any exercise other than walking the dog every day..... back at it.

Equipment: 2 x 50# KBs, Pair of Gym Rings.

Warm up and movement prep [abridged version]
then
3 x 5 Clean & Press with 2 x 50's [more curious than anything else] - pleasantly surprised.
then
SE Work

100 foot Farmers Carry with 2 x 50# KB.
Alternating with
20 x
Squats
Pushups
Bodyrows on the rings.
45s - 60s Rest at the end of each round.... minimal rest between exercises and carries

Repeat 3 rounds..... after the 2nd round the forearms were on fire so changed the carry to a 1A Rack hold with 1x50# KB.

Cooled down with walk around the grounds, enjoying the sunshine and glad to see the snow disappearing.

Now that I have freed up some time, I am looking forward to getting back to a normal routine and being active on a daily basis.
Good to see you back! Your log is great! I educate myself when I read it. :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Well that was a tough month...... that very Wednesday we were disturbed by my daughter's shout from downstairs in the basement..... went down and found water everywhere.

Our worst fear, realised...... ingress of groundwater, something not covered by insurance...... the worst winter for decades has led to flooding in over 1000 properties in our town...... we thought we had escaped, it had been hitting homes in the previous weeks and with us so high up..... how foolish were we??

However the good news is that the insurance companies have now switched on to this, and added coverage.... but it was too late for us.....we have a sump pump and a drain....... but it was not enough.....

So we have been working flat out to keep the waters at bay....... starting at every 20 mins of 'wet vaccing' the rooms, looking to keep the water down the one end of the home...... we set up a watch system [haven't sat watches since I left the mob]...... the first two weeks were hard...... it's now starting to slow.... we are now at 2 hour gaps.... but it ebbs and flows with the weather.... hot day, next day increase in flow.....the ground is that saturated, that there is standing water everywhere in the garden.

So with my new found freedom..... I have been battling water...... FML!!!

It's been a tough month, but with the thaw, comes the opening of the trails..... and my favoured reset is being active outside, so I donned my running gear for the first time since last year, and went for a 45 minute run..... HR kept below 141bpm.....

Just what I needed.

Since it's been so long, I will be looking at basebuilding...... but it will have to be flexible given the flooding situation.

It felt great to be outside.....

The journey continues...... operation 'lose the winter fat you fat fecker' is now in force.... and yes that is to become the hashtag on this next stage of the journey.

Onwards
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Yesterday was a no go due to the continued ingress of water.

Today.

Equipment: 50# KB, 38#ish Homemade Bulgarian Sandbag.

Warmup and Movement Prep

Then SE session

20 of Each Exercise 30 - 45s rest between exercises, and up to 2 minutes between Rounds

Swings [50# KB]
1A Press [50# KB] - 10 each side [Strict presses]
Around the World - BSB 10 each way
Squats - BSB

3 Rounds

And due to the AD being out of commission for the next wee while due to the flooding went for an 800m walk to cool down

The Around the World is so much tougher than I expected...... first time I have done them with the Bulgarian Sandbag, so it was an eye opener for sure.

Good Session.

Onwards
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

Train_Hard_Live_Easy wrote:Well that was a tough month...... that very Wednesday we were disturbed by my daughter's shout from downstairs in the basement..... went down and found water everywhere.

Our worst fear, realised...... ingress of groundwater, something not covered by insurance...... the worst winter for decades has led to flooding in over 1000 properties in our town...... we thought we had escaped, it had been hitting homes in the previous weeks and with us so high up..... how foolish were we??

However the good news is that the insurance companies have now switched on to this, and added coverage.... but it was too late for us.....we have a sump pump and a drain....... but it was not enough.....

So we have been working flat out to keep the waters at bay....... starting at every 20 mins of 'wet vaccing' the rooms, looking to keep the water down the one end of the home...... we set up a watch system [haven't sat watches since I left the mob]...... the first two weeks were hard...... it's now starting to slow.... we are now at 2 hour gaps.... but it ebbs and flows with the weather.... hot day, next day increase in flow.....the ground is that saturated, that there is standing water everywhere in the garden.

So with my new found freedom..... I have been battling water...... FML!!!

It's been a tough month, but with the thaw, comes the opening of the trails..... and my favoured reset is being active outside, so I donned my running gear for the first time since last year, and went for a 45 minute run..... HR kept below 141bpm.....

Just what I needed.

Since it's been so long, I will be looking at basebuilding...... but it will have to be flexible given the flooding situation.

It felt great to be outside.....

The journey continues...... operation 'lose the winter fat you fat fecker' is now in force.... and yes that is to become the hashtag on this next stage of the journey.

Onwards

Sorry to hear about your woes fella, onward and upwards hey and as the official president of the old fat knackers club,,, Welcome
An old Scottish friend once said to me "A queer bird the fish" I never bloody knew what he meant.

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Moz69 wrote:
Sorry to hear about your woes fella, onward and upwards hey and as the official president of the old fat knackers club,,, Welcome
:lol: :lol:

Cheers matey.
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

Train_Hard_Live_Easy wrote:
Moz69 wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Cheers matey.

No worries mate. How are you finding the Bulgarian? I've been thinking of making one for rotational strength
An old Scottish friend once said to me "A queer bird the fish" I never bloody knew what he meant.