Lee's Base Building Training Log

Forest Ninja

Re: Lee's Base Building Training Log

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 8

SE 3 x 30

Felt very gassed after the 2nd round. Had to start taking mini-rests on push ups in 3rd round.

Forest Ninja

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 9

E x 40 mins

Covered 4.1 miles. Considering investing in a heart rate monitor to ensure i am staying in appropriate zone.

Forest Ninja

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 10

E x 42 mins

Another nice, easy run. Got a nice bit of sun. Summer is coming! Time to bust out the sunscreen! Foam rolled back and legs in the afternoon. Still feeling sore from Monday's 3 x 30. Glad there is only three more weeks of SE in Base Building!

Forest Ninja

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 11

SE 2 x 30

Didnt go as planned. Made it about halfway through my first round before i had to tend to a sick one year old. Resumed the circuit 5 to 10 minutes later. Got to my third exercise in the cluster, but had to scrap hopes of finishing to comfort the little guy. In spite of not finoshing, im happy with what i was able to do exercise wise given the circumstances. Parenting/husbanding has got to come first!

Forest Ninja

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 12

Recovery

Followed along with Stew Smith's Prehabit workout, sans dumbbells. Just something to get the blood moving. May be running in my sons jogathon as well, but it should be awfully light.

Forest Ninja

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 13

E x 1 hour 6 mins

Went to a nearby canyon trail. Once again, 50 pound, Bear Grylls pack. Route was nice and flat, though there was a noticeable grade on the return trip. Id forgotten how gentle a flat ruck or run can be. Encountered one snake on the trail (no rattle on its tail). Planned on going for 50-55 minutes, but made one stop to adjust sternum strap, and another for a bathroom break. I would like to use this route for a run soon.

Forest Ninja

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 14

Rest

Did the Prehabit workout again. Tried getting the blood moving with 25 minutes on the stationary bike, but no dice.

Forest Ninja

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 15

SE 3 x 40

This was a killer! I was totally gassed by the end of the first round. All in all, the workout took me more than an hour and ten minutes to complete. Least i know it wont be getting much worse than this. Really, what is 3 x 50 compared to 3 x 40? Glad to see the light at the end of the SE tunnel!

Forest Ninja

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 16

E x 50 mins

Road run today. Beginning to notice some pain on the sides of my knees. Attribute this to going to deep on squats during Prehabit workout or the stationary bike. Pain seemed to go away about ten minutes into the run. I will be watching my knees closely. Covered 5.5 miles.

Forest Ninja

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 17

E x 50 m

Hit the trail I rucked on, last Saturday. Ran from one end to the other, turned around and returned to start point. No snake sightings today! Covered a little over 6.2 miles. I feel very accomplished after this session. I havent ran that route in its entirety since cross country of my junior year of high school.