4x5@190 lbs

WPU
3x5@80 lbs

Accessory Lifts

Overhead Press 3x8-12

Calf Raises 3x8-12

Farmer's Walks 3x

Notes
-Felt good overall. I should be able to hit the 85% week without too much trouble, which is always the most challenging week for me.
-Switched farmer's walks from dumbells to trap bar. LOVED these. My new favorite accessory.
-Blisters are feeling better after yesterday's run. Hoping they'll be ready for tomorrow's run. I'll slap some moleskin on and hope for the best.

Green2Blue

Re: Green2Blue TB Log

Post by Green2Blue »

09/13/16
Conditioning (Green)
Block 4
Week 2 (15 miles)
Day 2

LSS
Distance: 5.01 miles
Time: 53:38 minutes
Average Pace: 10:43
Average RPE: 5

Notes
-No idea why there's such a large discrepancy on pace and distance from last week, I ran to almost the exact same location. Maybe a GPS error?
-Everything hurt today. Joints, feet, etc. Only thing not holding me back were my lungs and heart. Hit my stride by the 4th mile though and I felt better.
-Moleskin did a decent job with the blisters. Still felt a little pain in the areas though. Hopefully the shoes just need broken in or something.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

09/14/16
Strength (Operator)
Block 4
Week 2
Day 3

80% Training Max

Primary Lifts

SQ
3x5@355 lbs

BP
4x5@190 lbs

WPU
3x5@80 lbs

Accessory Lifts

Skipped due to time.

Notes
-Felt kind of weak. Attempted to solve it with a refeed of burgers, cake, and ice cream lol.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

09/15/16
Conditioning (Green)
Block 4
Week 2 (15 miles)
Day 4

LSS
Distance: 2.51 miles
Time: 20:53 minutes
Average Pace: 8:20 minutes
Average RPE: 8

Notes
-Blisters are still an issue. Pretty sick of it, it's holding me back. Trying 2 socks next time.
-Ran my first mile at about 7:30. Pretty happy with that as I could have certainly turned it up a bit. Not TOO far from my 6:00 goal. I know it'll take a lot of work to get there though.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Due to taking care of a sick family member and this blister problem I'm going to have to skip the last strength and last conditioning workouts of this week. I'll try implementing deads on my first strength workout of next week since I theyre typically done on the day I had to skip.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

09/19/16
Strength (Operator)
Block 4
Week 3
Day 1

90% Training Max

*My training has recently had a monkey wrench thrown in it. I've sustained some minor injuries and my wife had surgery so ive been taking care of her. I missed my last day of MS last week, and a couple days of conditioning. This without was a hybrid between

Primary Lifts

SQ
2x5@355 lbs
2x3@405 lbs

BP
2x5@190 lbs
2x3@215 lbs

DL
3x5@385

WPU
3x3@90lbs

Accessory Lifts

None due to the extra primary lifts.

Notes
-Felt weak again.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Green2Blue wrote:-Felt weak again.
Happens to all of us, mate. So many factors that can contribute.. Lack of sleep is the main one for me. It doesn't matter if I am really ready to push it by all means.. I will feel weak if I am not sleeping enough..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Barkadion wrote:
Happens to all of us, mate. So many factors that can contribute.. Lack of sleep is the main one for me. It doesn't matter if I am really ready to push it by all means.. I will feel weak if I am not sleeping enough..
Recovery is paramount, as you are aware.

At the end of the day, training is a stressor, a good stressor for sure, but stress at the end of the day...... work, life, family, lack of sleep etc all contribute to stress [not all good]..... so sometimes the body is too stressed to fully function..... it is on these days I look to simply move..[walk, run in the trails etc]...... if going to the gym is a must, then I look to complete an 'easy-ish' warm up, or run / row / bike, mobilise the joints, then I have a 'play' with either KB's or BB.... and do a complex.... nothing fancy, I may even play with a skill I want to work on.

I went through a period of this earlier this year..... and ended up having some of the best sessions I'd had in a long time.
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Train_Hard_Live_Easy wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Recovery is paramount, as you are aware.

At the end of the day, training is a stressor, a good stressor for sure, but stress at the end of the day...... work, life, family, lack of sleep etc all contribute to stress [not all good]..... so sometimes the body is too stressed to fully function..... it is on these days I look to simply move..[walk, run in the trails etc]...... if going to the gym is a must, then I look to complete an 'easy-ish' warm up, or run / row / bike, mobilise the joints, then I have a 'play' with either KB's or BB.... and do a complex.... nothing fancy, I may even play with a skill I want to work on.

I went through a period of this earlier this year..... and ended up having some of the best sessions I'd had in a long time.
Right. I'd add that body can adjust if you are being persistent. Even to the "bad "stress such as lack of the sleep. It is controversial topic.. but.. it can be done to some degree. I always opt to eat more to compensate :D :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

09/21/16
Strength (Operator)
Block 4
Week 3
Day 3

90% Training Max

Primary Lifts

SQ
3x3@405 lbs

BP
3x3@215 lbs

WPU
3x3@90lbs

Accessory Lifts

Facepulls 3x8-12
Hanging Leg Raises 3x

Concentration Curls 3x8-12
Close Grip Bench 3x8-12

Notes
-Felt weak yet again. Lifts went up, but it was a struggle. I think it's because I'm not eating enough being as busy as I am recently.