mikhou's training log

mikhou

Re: mikhou's training log

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest day

Today
WCU - 3x5 @ 40/50/60 (5/3/1 deload percentages)
DL - 3x5 @ 40/50/60
HIC #10. Short Hills (half - only 5 rounds, instead of 10)

I am taking an easy week since I just finished BB. Two days this week, I'll be doing some light weights with half-HICs, capping my total workout at 45 minutes. If I don't get in the entire half-HIC, no worries. I'll be doing a half GC workout a 3rd day this week. Then I'll be going to a continuation protocol.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest day

Today - Some testing with OHP and Barbell rows. After reading AA, I think that instead of going with GSLP Black, I'll go with Zulu Black. AA turned my thoughts back to Zulu, and I like the idea of alternating six-week cycles of Zulu Black and Op I/A Black. What I like is the thought that I will keep BP/SQ/WCU/DL (1x/wk) in my cluster year round, but on Zulu I can add in OHP and Rows. After testing today, I did some light running.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest day

Today - I did some foam rolling, a dynamic warm-up, half of GC 9, and then finished with 15 minutes of easy running. I feel good and am ready for my next block to begin in a couple of days.

Tomorrow - Rest day and then the next block start.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

mikhou wrote:Yesterday - Rest day

Today - I did some foam rolling, a dynamic warm-up, half of GC 9, and then finished with 15 minutes of easy running. I feel good and am ready for my next block to begin in a couple of days.

That's a great feeling when you about to start new block and have lazy day coming :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Barkadion wrote:
mikhou wrote:Yesterday - Rest day

That's a great feeling when you about to start new block and have lazy day coming :D
It is, isn't it?!

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

So I'm starting a new block today. It's going to be a Zulu-ish block. With Op I/A, I loved the flexibility of not being confined to a 7-day "week." I also really like the 3 day on / 1 day off approach that I did with Op I/A last time that I ran it. So here's what my 8-day "week" is going to look like.

MS - Zulu I/A - BP/SQ/WCU
HIC/E
MS - Zulu I/A - OHP/Barbell rows + 100 KB swings
Rest
MS - Zulu I/A - BP/SQ/WCU
HIC/E
MS - Zulu I/A - OHP/DL/Farmer's walk + a shorter conditioning session as time allows
Rest

The idea with the schedule above is as I said to 1) go 3 days on / 1 day off and 2) work in OHP and barbell rows (which I haven't done in a long time) while still keeping BP/SQ/WCU in my cluster. I'm going to give this a run for 7 "weeks" and then reassess with the 4th week being an easy/deload week. I will work in an E session at least every other week (14 days) so the timing won't be set in stone. So I started today with:

BP - 5x5 @ 66.5 kg
SQ - 5x5 @ 85.5 kg
WCU - 5x5 @ 68.7 kg
Plank and shank - 3 rounds of plank for 1:15, 10 second rest, shank for 1:15, 10 second rest
DL will start later in the week.

I used this cluster with Fighter during my recent BB so I just added 4.5 kg to lower body and 2.3 kg to upper body. I tested OHP and Barbell rows and am starting with a 90% training max and will just force progression between cycles.
Last edited by mikhou on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

HIC #20. Anaerobic Capacity

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

OHP - 5x5 @ 39.9 kg
Barbell rows 5x5 @ 57.7 kg
100 KB swings (35, 25, 25, 20) - I haven't done swings in awhile. Even with an 18kg KB, I had to take some breaks. The goal will be to add 5 to the first set every time to work towards 100 continuous swings.

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

Good log Mik. It's been a while since I've cracked open TB, will have to re-read the parts on Zulu I/A.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

TangoZero wrote:Good log Mik. It's been a while since I've cracked open TB, will have to re-read the parts on Zulu I/A.
Hey t0, while it's not technically Zulu I/A as it's an 8-day and not a 7-day week, I am using those percentages and set/rep schemes. Thanks for checking in.