Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Yesterday involved a hard conditioning circuit at work so I took the rest of that day off. It involved some heavy weighted lunges so I pulled up quite sore for today. In hindsight I should of just trained through but you live and you learn.

Todays Training

Work PT
Swimming consisting of 400m bronze medallion swim in tracksuit jumper and pants.Completed in 13:00
Partner drags in clothing 50 m while simulating the person being unconscious.
General swimming skills in clothes.
Session length approximately 50 min total

Following this I went into the gym and did S&S +Pullups.

2 Hand Swings 32kg Kettlebell 6x10

Turkish Getup 24 Kg 5x2 (1L,1R)

Fighter Pullups (10 Rep Max)

I felt like testing myself so I went into the gym after my swim session pre exhausted. It took a while to get going but the swings felt ok. My getups were a bit of a struggle, but I was able to hit all my reps with the 24 kg kettlebell. I will definitely start adding in more 32 kg Getups in the coming weeks. The pullups were the main issue. I finally had to break up a set due to failure. I was able to hit the first two sets with no major issues and reasonable technique, but from the third set I really started to struggle. I completed the third set barel, but my fourth set I wasn't happy with my technique and discounted the tenth rep. I rested for a couple breaths and completed it. I had to do the same for the final three of my last set.

I believe I would have been able to make all reps without the swimming first, but it was good to push myself to see how I went. I was very happy to hit the first two sets as I believe in the past I wouldn't have even got close. The endurance is improving and the base building is going well even with these harder sessions thrown in.

Tomorrow I will may only get a run in due to after work social commitments. It has still been a successful week with only hitting my minimums.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Delayed but This days training
Base build week 4

S&S Warmup 16 Kg Kettlebell

Kettle bell Swings 32 Kg
10 2H,10 2H, 10L,10R,10L,10R = 60 Total

Turkish Getups 24 kg
5x2

Fighter Pullups

I threw in a couple of 1 H swings and felt my technique was pretty good. I will continue to build up, but definitely looking good for the simple goal within the next two weeks. I went with the minimums for the getups as I am struggling to recover from the swim and other conditioning session last week.

The pullups were great for the first two sets then I started to struggle with the last rep or two and was barely borderline on the last rep of my 9 rep set. I still seem to be progressing well and I am surprisingly getting some decent hypertrophy results which wasn't a goal with the pullup rep range selection.

Still going well with the training, however I am going to alternate run and S&S days as I am struggling to recover properly. This is due to work and nutrition. It not perfect, but at the higher weights and with longer runs, 3 times a week for each is more achievable.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training
Morning
Put about 150 rounds of.22 down range for some practice with a mate.

Afternoon

LSD Run 45 min

The run went well and was very cruisy. I didn't track the distance, but it felt great. It was the epitome of a long slow run in that perfect effort range and the new running shoes I just bought even made pounding the pavement bearable. I will try and hit 3x 45+ min runs this week as I am alternate SE and LSD run days. I have a busy week at work and need the extra recovery from last weeks trsaining.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Following work

S&S Warmup 16 kg kettlebell

32 kg 1 hand kettlebell swings
10L,10R x5 Total= 100 Time 5:47

Turkish Getups 32 Kg 5x2
Approx 12 min

I felt a bit run down after work today and decided to just do S&S minus the pullups. I decided to push the swings today and complete them all 1 handed, but I was probably a little above the appropriate intensity and my form wasn't the greatest. I will look at doing the same at the end of my last week of BB.

Turkish getups went well and my form feels better with the extra weight. After the swings I decided to take these very slow.

The plan tomorrow is to get either my run or pullups in before work and finish off with the other after. After that the goal will be to get one more of each thing before the end of the week and have that run be 45min +. I am back doing shift work so the training intensity needs to be a bit lower.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Fighter Pullup Prof=gram (10 Rep Tr max)

I caught up on yesterdays pullups,but ended things there. I will prbably get out for another run tomorrow and see how things feel.
I have a few later starts for work after tomorrow and should have a bit more time up my sleeve. I will probably do a few double days then.
My hands are beat up from yesterdays swings.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays training

45 min LSD 6.93 km
6:30 min/km

Nice slow run on a hot day following work. Some pain through the right foot. I really notice that it was easier when I ran everyday instead of alternating. Something to remember for next time or for other people.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's training

S&S warmup 16kg

32 kg kettlebell swings
10L,10R x3 10 2h, 10L,10R,10 2h Total=100

32kg Turkish getups
5x2

Fighter pullups

Training went well today and I really enjoyed it. No issues hitting any numbers and I didn't try and hit any time goals. I gave myself as much rest between rounds as needed to do the next set perfectly.

I filmed the final 2hand swing set,first get up set and first pullup set. I will try and upload it for people to pick at my form haha.

I am loving this base build and don't want it to end.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

https://youtu.be/cHi4Q7MuEXE 32 kg Turkish Getups 1st round
https://youtu.be/dRKBdy1JqPA Bodyweight Pullups 13 1st round
https://youtu.be/ibe7M_rCGXU 32 Kg 2 hand swing Last round

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays training Week 5 Base build

60 min LSD run approx 9.5 km

Run was feeling great and very easy until the last 5 mins. I started to feel pain in my right achilles.
Hopefully nothing major, but it's extremely tight as of this moment. I will wait and see how it feels tomorrow in regards to what training I will do.
I got atleast one 60 min run in so I may err on the side of caution and just do a couple 30 min runs to finish the week and my base building off. Aerobically I felt great it's just the muscular pain that's the issue.