antlas

Re: antlas log

Post by antlas »

Thursday - 1:15 of bjj

Friday - finally finished 85% and got in some true HIC
SQ 5 sets of 3 reps at 120
BP 5 sets of 3 reps at 75 supersetted with pull-ups
PU 6, 5, 4, 4, 4, 4
finished with three rounds of 2 minutes on the concept2, max effort.

Saturday - one hour run, average heart rate 158

My bulk has utterly failed. I think I'll have to track if I want to do it right, but I'm not really motivated enough to do that.

antlas

Post by antlas »

Sunday: rest in preparation for...

...Monday: two hours of BJJ and one hour of muy thai. Exhausting.

Tuesday: first day of 95%. Was in a hurry, so I went for the minimums.
SQ 135 x 3 x 3
BP 80 x 3 x 3
PU 6, 6, 6

antlas

Post by antlas »

Wednesday - 1+ hour of BJJ

Thursday - 1+ hour of BJJ

Friday - day 2 of 95%. Today was a difficult day, but I was at least able to turn out a great workout. New deadlift PR, I think.
SQ 3 x 3 x 135
BP 3 x 3 x 80
PU 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5 (I think)
DL working up to 2 x 185 and 1 x 190.

Also, I felt so guilty after admitting that my bulk had failed that I finally got serious. I've been tracking my calories and averaging about 2400 for the last few days. I might need even a 100-200 more to actually gain weight, but I'm going to wait a few days to see how I do at this level. I estimate I naturally prefer around 1800, so I was very surprised when I calculated my TDEE and found that I need more like 2300 just to maintain. I'm interested to see how I feel with those extra 600 calories every day...

antlas

Post by antlas »

Saturday - 30 minute LSS run

Sunday - Rest & half hour of yoga.

Monday - two hours of BJJ.

Keeping up with my bulk by tracking and aiming for 2400 calories, as promised.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

antlas wrote:Wednesday - 1+ hour of BJJ

Friday - day 2 of 95%. Today was a difficult day, but I was at least able to turn out a great workout. New deadlift PR, I think.
SQ 3 x 3 x 135
BP 3 x 3 x 80

Also, I felt so guilty after admitting that my bulk had failed that I finally got serious. I've been tracking my calories and averaging about 2400 for the last few days. I might need even a 100-200 more to actually gain weight, but I'm going to wait a few days to see how I do at this level. I estimate I naturally prefer around 1800, so I was very surprised when I calculated my TDEE and found that I need more like 2300 just to maintain. I'm interested to see how I feel with those extra 600 calories every day...
It's amazing how many calories TB burns. Any specific goals with the bulk? Looking to gain a certain amount of weight?

antlas

Post by antlas »

The calorie requirement really is astonishing! I'm aiming to go from 118 -> 125ish, then will probably run base building in the spring and settle back around 120-122. It seems like an absurdly small range, but I'm petite so it scales.

Edit: Tracked calories for 7 days. I consumed 2219 on average (goal: 2400). Weight did not change.

antlas

Post by antlas »

I finished my 9 week block, so I took this week off(ish). I'm planning to test my 1RM tomorrow. Really don't know what to expect. I don't feel like I've gotten much stronger, but hope to be pleasantly surprised. My bulk is still sputtering along. I almost never hit my calorie goal, but I do try, and I've been keeping up the calorie counting. I'm definitely eating more than I would have otherwise.

Tuesday - 1+ hour of jiu jitsu

Wednesday - rest

Thursday - 1+ hour of jiu jitsu

Friday - rest

Saturday - rest

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

antlas wrote:Wednesday - 1+ hour of BJJ

SQ 3 x 3 x 135
BP 3 x 3 x 80

Nice job on the DL!

antlas

Post by antlas »

Well, testing was a bit of a disaster. I loaded up too quickly on squats and I think it really hurt my performance - I couldn't even get my previous 1RM. I think it was all in my head. I stayed at 95 on bench, and hit 14 pullups. I'm a little disappointed, but I'm going to swallow my ego and keep the same numbers for next block, which will be fighter + black professional.

Sunday - testing. Awful.

Monday - two hours of BJJ

Tuesday - 5k. Messed up timekeeping, so not sure how long it took. Average heart rate 176.

Bulk progress: medium. Haven't weighed myself in a while, but I'm still tracking calories. I hit my protein goal and get at least 2,000 calories every day. Still not meeting my 2,400 goal though.

antlas

Post by antlas »

A wrist injury + winter blues has me off my game. I've been going to BJJ and running once or twice a week, but I haven't lifted or done since I tested on 1 Feb. I plan to go tonight or tomorrow to test my wrist, but if it doesn't feel right I'm not going to push it. Ready for spring!