BP 3x2@225 lbs
WPU 3x2@95 lbs

Accessory Lifts

Overhead Press 3x8-12
Calf Raises 3x8-12

Concentration Curls 3x8-12
Close Grip Bench Press 3x8-12

Notes
-Squats were tough, everything else was fine. Squats definitely won't be progressed next block.
-Didn't have enough time for my usual Monday accessory with the farmer's walks and swings, so I swapped them for the arm stuff I'd usually do on my second day of MS.

grouchyjarhead

Re: Green2Blue TB Log

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Nice work G2B. Hopefully your squats feel easier the next time. Solid work.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

10/11/16
Conditioning (Black)
Block 4
Week 6
Day 2

HIC: 400m Intervals

1:26
1:29
1:29
1:28
1:27

2 minute rests

Warmuped and cooled down with .5-1 mile light run

Notes
-First time doing these intervals, as recommended by KS90. Went well. It was a challenge, but I didn't feel completely dead at the end.

-I've been listening to the Barbell Shrugged podcast lately. In episode 223 a Dr. Mike Nelson talked about a study that showed the benefits of training specific attributes on separate days to maximize adaptations. Such as aerobic work one day, anaerobic a different day. I think it does a good job validating what K.Black says about training different attributes separately.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

grouchyjarhead wrote:Nice work G2B. Hopefully your squats feel easier the next time. Solid work.
Appreciated. I'm hoping with the added volume this next block, block 5, they'll be ready to go up in block 6.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

I'd like everyone's opinion on a couple things.

1. I'm contemplating a shift to Operator I/A for my next block. Nothing crazy, but maybe an 8 day training week instead of 7. So it'd be something like this:

MS
HIC
MS
Rest
HIC
MS
E
Rest

I'm only going to do this if it'll improve performance. I'm not looking for an extra day off to be lazy. I'm just wondering if I've reached the point (especially on MS) where an extra day of recovery would help. My sets wouldn't change drastically. Like I mentioned on a previous post; BP, WPU, and DL would stay at 3 sets because they're all progressing adequately, SQ would go to 5 sets because it was such a grind this last block.

2. I'm thinking of deloading for a week or so. Maybe something like:

E (last day of block 4)
Rest
SE
Rest
E (Like an easy 5k or something, or maybe a hike)
Rest
SE
Rest
MS (First day of block 5)

On my SE days I might do a Wendler deload (65% TM), followed up by an SE circuit.

Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated. I consider all of you to be my collective coach :)

Also, I'm taking a page from THLE and started a training IG. I haven't decided if I care about anonymity yet, and I lift in a public gym so idk how many training pics/vids I can make, but I'll add a few odds and ends.

https://instagram.com/p/BLdg3_5A02P/

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

New book shipment!

https://instagram.com/p/BLdvJ80gjvS/

If I had known TB2 would be out so soon I would have waited to make the order lol. Ordering that one this morning. I wanted to have the hard copies at work to hopefully encourage some other converts. As the department fitness coordinator people occasionally come to me for recommendations.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

10/12/16
Strength (Operator)
Block 4
Week 6
Day 3

Primary Lifts (95% Training Max)

SQ*
1x0@420 lbs
3x2@420 lbs

BP**5-6x2@225 lbs

WPU 5x2@95 lbs

Accessory Lifts

Facepulls 3x8-12
Hanging Leg Raises 3x5+

Preacher Curls 3x8-12
Tricep Pressdowns 3x8-12

Notes
*I completely failed on my first rep of squats for the day. Talk about frustrating. I re-racked everything and gave it another go. If I had failed again I was going to pack up and come back fresh tomorrow. However, I managed to grind out all of the sets and reps after the initial failure. This just proves again at what a difficult place I am with my squats. For next block I was planning on not progressing the weight and just upping the sets. But now I'm wondering if I need to actually regress my weight back to where it was last block (-5 lbs), and up the sets. Any input would be appreciated.

**I completely forgot how many sets I was doing because I was thinking about some other training. I bring this up because it just goes to show what a different place my other lifts are than my squats. There's no way I could have gotten another set of squats in without failing, let alone 3 more.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Green2Blue wrote:I'd like everyone's opinion on a couple things.

1. I'm contemplating a shift to Operator I/A for my next block. Nothing crazy, but maybe an 8 day training week instead of 7. So it'd be something like this:

MS
HIC
MS
Rest
HIC
MS
E
Rest

I'm only going to do this if it'll improve performance. I'm not looking for an extra day off to be lazy. I'm just wondering if I've reached the point (especially on MS) where an extra day of recovery would help. My sets wouldn't change drastically. Like I mentioned on a previous post; BP, WPU, and DL would stay at 3 sets because they're all progressing adequately, SQ would go to 5 sets because it was such a grind this last block.
This is exactly what I am doing now, and I like it. The only difference is that I alternate the E session every other week with a GC session.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

mikhou wrote:

MS
HIC
MS
Rest
HIC
MS
E
Rest

This is exactly what I am doing now, and I like it. The only difference is that I alternate the E session every other week with a GC session.
Why not 9days?
MS
HIC
Rest
MS
HIC
Rest
MS
E/GC
Rest
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

mikhou wrote:

MS
HIC
MS
Rest
HIC
MS
E
Rest

Thanks for the input. I haven't been able to decide if I want to do Black or Black Pro. I'll most likely just play it by ear.