Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Barkadion

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:I am back on the TB Wagon after a couple months away to mix things up for a while. I like to change things up occasionally and follow other programming.

I am glad to be back doing TB as I think it is one of the best all round systems for recreational and tactical athletes.

I will just be looking at building my lifts up again slowly, increasing my conditioning and making it to BJJ as much as possible. I am nursing a plantar fascia injury so base building is off the cards for a little, but I did do a solid 3-4 months of LSS running with no HIC at this time last year.

I will try and mix in some E via regular walking and loaded walking with my son in a carrier plus a weight vest. I will probably be using a rower for most of my HIC training to get some longer intervals in also.

I will be using Op I/A and Black, plus as much BJJ as the body can take. I did a conservative retest today after being couch bound for the last week from a stomach bug. Seems a good way to start conservatively and make sure conditioning stays in the mix. I'll create another post with my test day results soon once I do the maths.
Good luck with your programming, mate!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

27th of September 2019

Max Test day
Bodyweight (76.5kg)

Warmup
500m row
5 pullups
10 pushups
General stretch

Squat 120kg x1
Benchpress 80kg x3
Weighted Pullup 25kgx1
Deadlift 140kg x1

I kept things pretty conservative after being sick the last couple days. My maxes are a bit down from where they would normally sit even after a decent time off(e.g base build) but that is why I chose to test them and not just guesstimate. I will probably add between 10-20kg to each of these lifts over the next 3-6 weeks comfortably, but that's the idea.

I will be looking at using Operator I/A and subbing in the deadlift every 3rd session for a low volume set. I really want to maintain a decent amount of conditioning over the coming months as I usually stay consistent on my lifting and let my conditioning drop off in favour of BJJ and lifting.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Barkadion wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:I am back on the TB Wagon after a couple months away to mix things up for a while. I like to change things up occasionally and follow other programming.

I am glad to be back doing TB as I think it is one of the best all round systems for recreational and tactical athletes.

I will just be looking at building my lifts up again slowly, increasing my conditioning and making it to BJJ as much as possible. I am nursing a plantar fascia injury so base building is off the cards for a little, but I did do a solid 3-4 months of LSS running with no HIC at this time last year.

I will try and mix in some E via regular walking and loaded walking with my son in a carrier plus a weight vest. I will probably be using a rower for most of my HIC training to get some longer intervals in also.

I will be using Op I/A and Black, plus as much BJJ as the body can take. I did a conservative retest today after being couch bound for the last week from a stomach bug. Seems a good way to start conservatively and make sure conditioning stays in the mix. I'll create another post with my test day results soon once I do the maths.
Good luck with your programming, mate!

Cheers mate. I will try to be more active again on the forum.
I have been checking out the reddit and there are some good posts that need to make there way over here.

Good to see your still active and staying consistent.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

27th September 2019 PM

Walk with the little fella in the Macpac baby carrier

Distance:4 km
Time:53:32

Easy walk with no extra weight. I’ll eventually add a weightvest to these once or twice a week. More recovery than actually training.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Monday 30/9/19 AM

TB Op I/A Max Strength
Session 1

Warmup
2 rounds
500m row/10 pushups/ hip stretch

Back squat
85kg 3x5
Pull-ups
Bw 5x5
(Pull-ups completed during squat warmup in rounds alternating squats and pull-ups)
Bench press
60kg 5x5

2 rounds
60m Farmers walk with 24kg kettlebells
20m Overhead carry with 24kg kettlebell, alt L,R

10 min treadmill run
Distance:1:22km
8 min/km pace

10 min mobility/stretching

I had some time up my sleeve so I pushed the volume and total work for today’s session to preload for returning to work next week. I made sure to get a good warmup for my lifting and a little bit of easy conditioning.

Everything felt pretty good and I took some time to finish up with a heap of stretching. I wish I had this much time to train every day.

The plan will probably be an easy walk this afternoon if weather permits and to recover in prep for a session or two of bjj tomorrow.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

1/10/19 AM

Bjj midday gi

Worked on A/B game drilling from various positions

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

1/10/19 PM

Bjj no gi evening

Worked on drilling A/B game same as midday but in no gi

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

2/10/19 AM

TB OP I/A

Warmup
5 min treadmill walk, building pace each min
3 rounds
1L SDLx5 ea side
Pushups x10

Back squat 85kg 3x5
Pull-ups 5x5
(Squats and pull-ups alternating with approx 2 min rest between)

Benchpress 60kg 3x5

3 rounds
2 hand kettlebell swings 32kg x10
Lizard stretch 30 secs ea side

10 min cool down stretch

I had to adjust my warmup as all the other cardio machines were taken at the gym by a class. Usually I like to do a few rounds on the rower to get the heart rate up fast. I am really trying to include decent warmups as it is something I have skipped in the past.

I kept the volume low due to two bjj sessions yesterday. The pull-ups are only bodyweight so I hit 5 sets on those still. Just the bare minimum on the squat and benchpress for today.

Finished off with some heavier kettlebell swings and some mobility hip work, before finishing up with some static stretching.

I will try and get a walk out in the sun later with my partner and the little fella. The plan is bjj gi at midday tomorrow. One more strength session to try and fit in this week and I might sneak in some HIC if I pull up ok from the bjj.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

PF injury feeling any better?

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

grouchyjarhead wrote:PF injury feeling any better?
Not at all. long distance running is off the cards for a while.
I think it was originally due to wearing the wrong size boots at work for an extended period (6+ months).

I am actually feeling overall healthier without all the running, but I definitely do miss getting those kms in through the week.