antlas log

antlas

antlas log

Post by antlas »

Today I'm starting my second Operator + Black block. I am female, 5'4", 120 lbs, in my late 20s.

I tested 1 RM earlier this week after my first six week OP block. Squat went from 140 to 160, bench 90 to 95, WPU +25 to +35. Because my WPU is so disproportionate, I'm thinking of swapping it out for OHP this block. I also plan to use a training max instead of 1 RM for programming. My goals for this block are to focus on improving my bench, and hit the HIC workouts hard - I often wimp out and do a 5k instead of pushing the high intensity.

antlas

Re: antlas log

Post by antlas »

E workout today, 5.4 miles in 58 minutes. Mix of trails and road. The time includes about 5 minutes of some stream crossings (including a botched one that left me with 3.5 miles of wet shoes) and trail finding.

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

Good luck with the run. Sounds fun
An old Scottish friend once said to me "A queer bird the fish" I never bloody knew what he meant.

antlas

Post by antlas »

Easy 70% day, first day of my second block.

SQ 100 x 5 x 5
BP 65 x 5 x 5
DL 135x5, 145x3, 155x3

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Great to see this. I look forward to watching this journey.

Just a question though, you mention the WPU is lagging, so you are thinking of switching it out with OHP.... and I get the impression you are also working on the bench in this block...... If you don't mind an opinion..... the bench is a 'horizontal push' movement and the OHP is a 'vertical push movement'..... there is a lot of work for the shoulders to contend with...... may not be the most joint friendly option for you.

A thought I had with the WPU..... when you do do it in your training session....... if you have a certain movement or skill that is lagging, making it the first thing done in a session [so you are at your freshest] may well pay dividends..... who knows, it may help? I find it helps with some of our clients, just a thought for you :)

Can't beat trail running for making things interesting! Nice work.........

In connection with the HIC sessions...... remember the goal of each session....

Antlas, I look forward to seeing this journey unfold.
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

antlas

Post by antlas »

Thanks for chiming in! I actually meant it the other way - my WPU is way ahead of my other lifts. +35 lbs at my bodyweight (120 lbs) is pretty dramatic compared to my other numbers. I was hoping OHP would help supplement the bench and bring it up a bit, but perhaps you're right that my shoulders would be too stressed. I'll have to think on it some more.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Hi Antlas,

It's good to see you here. My wife will be watching your log closely :D She is getting back to training after having twin girls, so you will inspire her for sure!

As for WPU being ahead of your other lifts.. You can always keep your WPU sets at min and go easy on forced progression. But still push on the other lifts harder. Just a thought..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

antlas wrote:Thanks for chiming in! I actually meant it the other way - my WPU is way ahead of my other lifts. +35 lbs at my bodyweight (120 lbs) is pretty dramatic compared to my other numbers.
Don't I feel the frickin idiot!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Comes with reading it quickly on a small screen.... apologies.

As to the OHP and BP, I stand by what I said though...... could be too much if doing them in the same strength session... but that doesn't stop them from being in some of the HIC sessions.

Nice one on the DL...... 70% at 155#...... 8-)
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

antlas

Post by antlas »

Today's HIC: 9 medium length hill sprints. Sprinted up, walked down, repeat. I can tell my CV fitness has improved dramatically since BB and 1 block of OP + BL.

(For the record - 155 is not really a 70% DL for me. I wish. More like 85%. They felt really easy that day, so I put on a bit extra.)

antlas

Post by antlas »

Day 2 of 70%.

SQ 100 x 5 x 5
BP 65 x 5 x 5
Unweighted pullups, chinups and parallel pullups. Five each.