Post your favorite meal

WeekendWarrior

Post your favorite meal

Post by WeekendWarrior »

Figured I would start a thread where people could post their favorite meal or two, be it breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, etc.
Personally, I get bored of a lot of stuff pretty quickly, so I thought it would be cool to see what other people eat. Post links to recipes, or briefly describe it if you can.

Mines pretty simple, but I just discovered the magic that is beef ribs this year.
I can't get enough beef ribs now.
I use brown sugar mixed with paprika, oregano, garlic powder, and Old Bay (and sometimes chili powder or creole seasoning) I rub the ribs with olive oil then rub the brown sugar mix on. I used to use liquid smoke too until we ran out and I didn't feel like buying more, so I tried it without and didn't really notice a difference.
I keep the ribs wrapped individually in aluminum foil and let them sit in the fridge, anywhere between an hour to a day, just depends on how long I can wait. The longer the better though, of course. I cook it for about 4 1/2 hours on 250, then take em out and slather BBQ sauce on top then broil on Low till they start bubbling.
Tha'ts it.

Oh, right, this is supposed to be a meal.....I guess just throw some broccoli on the plate or something.

Mug Costanza

Re: Post your favorite meal

Post by Mug Costanza »

Does this include cheat meals...?

If so there's nothing I like better than a thin crust pizza loaded with chicken, banana peppers, mushrooms and double cheese.

Gerryatric

Post by Gerryatric »

Pan fried steak done with garlic and some chorizo ,lamb chops and sometimes a chicken breast with Cajun spice
On the veg front I will have a baked potato and coleslaw

WeekendWarrior

Post by WeekendWarrior »

Mug Costanza wrote:Does this include cheat meals...?

If so there's nothing I like better than a thin crust pizza loaded with chicken, banana peppers, mushrooms and double cheese.
Cheat meals are fine too.

RugbyGuy

Post by RugbyGuy »

As a man it's important to be able cook one thing well, and cedar-plank salmon with parmesan asparagus sealed the deal with my now wife.
"If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you." - Muhammad Ali

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

The best natural protein shake.

- Kefir
- Cottage cheese
- Banana
- Berries

Shake it. Drink it. Watch your life changing :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

lennarn

Post by lennarn »

I had a great meal the other day. Baked sweet potato taco with black beans and salsa. My mouth waters just thinking about it.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

I'm a pretty boring guy, I tend to eat the same stuff regularly.

Breakfast is usually eggs, some kind of meat, a piece of fruit, and occasionally a potato if I had a hard cardio session that morning.

Lunch is a homemade salad with nuts and dressing with some kind of meat thrown on top.

Dinner is whatever the wife cooks. Pizza on Friday nights. I have a protein shake when my training is heavy also.

Aelian

Post by Aelian »

Medium-rare sirloin with mushrooms, gravy and mashed potatoes. Bonus; chocolate ice cream with choc chunks/chips for dessert.

NathanC77

Post by NathanC77 »

Ribeye-medium rare
Sauteed spinach
Baked sweet potato with butter and cinnamon
Frozen blueberries-I'll pour seltzer water in a cup of them, drink it while I eat, then eat the blueberries as desert

I could probably eat that every day for the rest of my life and be happy