Cheat meals

Blackmetalbunny

Cheat meals

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

I'm currently on a mild cut, but there is one thing I really am curious about.

If you were on a cut, what is your cheat meal?

Mine's a McDonald's Create Your Taste burger with 4 Angus meat patties, 2 slices of bacon, caramelized onions, slathered in sauce. Plus a 20 piece McNuggets.

At the very least, I'm getting my protein in.

Barkadion

Re: Cheat meals

Post by Barkadion »

I've done cut in a past. I didn't have "cheat meals" as it is but I did have diet breaks scheduled on the regular basis.
I'd say that baked goods are my cheat meals. Pies, cakes, breads.
And cheat meal without Häagen-Dazs is a way to misery. Häagen-Dazs is a king of cheating. :twisted:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

Large pizza with all the meat.

Geidi

Post by Geidi »

Hot dogs and chocolate ice cream. Especially Japa Dogs, all beef, ketchup, mustard, banana peppers and relish. God damn now I'm hungry.

crnewhouse

Post by crnewhouse »

Blackmetalbunny wrote:I'm currently on a mild cut, but there is one thing I really am curious about.

If you were on a cut, what is your cheat meal?

Mine's a McDonald's Create Your Taste burger with 4 Angus meat patties, 2 slices of bacon, caramelized onions, slathered in sauce. Plus a 20 piece McNuggets.

At the very least, I'm getting my protein in.
Oh my gosh, that is the most epic meal I have ever heard of haha. I have more of cheat days, but I don't pig out at each meal. This might mean a slightly bigger breakfast (Steak and Eggs anyone?) with some kind of restaurant-type food for lunch and dinner. I still try to cram in veggies by way of salad or cooked/steamed veggies. I find I don't feel as guilty running it this way and my surplus is probably only 1000+ calories for that day.
“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

NathanC77

Post by NathanC77 »

I don't have planned cheat meals per se. I generally eat pretty "clean" (sort of a Paleo + plenty of potatoes, some rice, plenty of Greek yogurt). 3 meals a day, each with some protein, veggies, and a carb. But whenever I'm feeling run down or not quite recovered, my go to meal is a big cheesburger and fries. I'm sure it's largely a placebo effect, but that meal seems like a magic recovery meal to me.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Every Friday night we do homemade pizza and some sort of big dessert (usually some sort of ice cream) with our kids. I eat very carefully all week, but on Friday's I dive into that pizza and dessert. Even when I come off the wagon I tend to stay away from fast food, because it really does just leave me feeling like garbage afterwards.

HICsterDoofus

Post by HICsterDoofus »

I once had a personal trainer tell me that a double quarter-pounder was the ideal cheat food cum post-workout meal. I was incredulous at first but If you have a look at the macros, the PT was actually on to something....

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

crnewhouse wrote:Oh my gosh, that is the most epic meal I have ever heard of haha.
That’s the whole intent – major massive protein and happiness in a box. I do this maybe once every 2 weeks, and it's something I look forward to so much. Forget fancy-pants restaurants, I'm happy with Mickey D's.
NathanC77 wrote:I'm sure it's largely a placebo effect, but that meal seems like a magic recovery meal to me.
Well I’m pretty sure that it resets your mental stress from all the clean eating, and activates endorphins which will definitely have a positive effect if you’ve been strict with your diet and have been training hard.
HICsterDoofus wrote:I once had a personal trainer tell me that a double quarter-pounder was the ideal cheat food cum post-workout meal. I was incredulous at first but If you have a look at the macros, the PT was actually on to something....
Exactly, assuming your macro profile and diet has been on point, this is awesome - approx 50g of protein, saturated fats (though it is a little high) and high in carbs. Skip on the fries and sugary drink and you're gold.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

Geidi wrote:Hot dogs and chocolate ice cream. Especially Japa Dogs, all beef, ketchup, mustard, banana peppers and relish. God damn now I'm hungry.
NO not ketchup on a hotdog!