Reading List

The Lounge
Tym87

Re: Reading List

Post by Tym87 »

TangoZero wrote:
Tym87 wrote:
I had no fricken' idea there was a sequel to the Poet! Definitely up next on the reading list...thanks for the heads-up.
TangoZero, it's pretty good. Same basic structure as the poet but with a very interesting new direction. Let me know what you think.

crnewhouse

Post by crnewhouse »

Non Fiction: The Millionaire Next Door - it's all about learning to live below your means in order to maximize your savings. Aside from being a fitness nerd, I am also a personal finance nerd :D

Fiction: The Man in the High Castle - Science Fiction novel by Philip K. Dick. In the book, the Nazis won World War 2 and the United States is essentially absorbed into the Nazi Empire.

Next Up:
[*True Style - Also a style nerd.]
[*Dave Ramsey Complete Guide to Money]
[*Probably the Game of Thrones saga - I love the show way too much to not read the books.]
“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

crnewhouse wrote:Non Fiction: The Millionaire Next Door - it's all about learning to live below your means in order to maximize your savings. Aside from being a fitness nerd, I am also a personal finance nerd :D

Fiction: The Man in the High Castle - Science Fiction novel by Philip K. Dick. In the book, the Nazis won World War 2 and the United States is essentially absorbed into the Nazi Empire.

Next Up:
[*True Style - Also a style nerd.]
[*Dave Ramsey Complete Guide to Money]
[*Probably the Game of Thrones saga - I love the show way too much to not read the books.]

Have you watched the Man in the High Castle show? Is it good? Game of Thrones audiobook is really great, helps expand the characters you know from the show.

lennarn

Post by lennarn »

Fiction: Everything by Joe Abercrombie
Nonfiction: Everything by Rory Miller

Virtus

Post by Virtus »

Just finished reading Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink. One of the better leadership/personal development books I've read.

Became a big fan of Jocko after watching his interview on London Real. He's also got awesome interviews on Tim Ferris' and Joe Rogan's podcasts and has a podcast of his own. Those have been my source of motivation recently and is the reason I started training BJJ.

I highly recommend the book and the podcasts.

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

Tym87 wrote:
TangoZero wrote:
Tym87 wrote:
I had no fricken' idea there was a sequel to the Poet! Definitely up next on the reading list...thanks for the heads-up.
TangoZero, it's pretty good. Same basic structure as the poet but with a very interesting new direction. Let me know what you think.
Picked this up today Tym87....will start it tonight!

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

It's cracking me up that so far the two most active topics are "Reading List" and "TB Over 40." :lol:

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

JMadd, I was thinking the same. Nice to see we engage our grey matter as much as our muscles here.

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

nickgoldma wrote:With that being said, for military type of reads, "Extreme Ownership" by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin (both former US Navy Seals) is a great read about leadership, and how their military experiences applies to leadership and ownership in life.
Oh, thanks for that recommendation, picked it up and it's a great start. Also picked up Left of Bang by Jason A. Riley and Patrick Van Horne, and that's proving to be a good read too.

lennarn

Post by lennarn »

Blackmetalbunny wrote:Left of Bang
I've been meaning to read that for a while now, I think I have a lot to learn from it. In the same vein check out Escape the Wolf: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0099BJENU/.