Reading List

The Lounge
TangoZero

Re: Reading List

Post by TangoZero »

Tym87 wrote:
TangoZero wrote:
Finished this in 4 sits, loved it! Awesome recommendation, Connelly never disappoints.

SPOILER:Partway through I kept thinking the Poet was going to make an appearance, or that he was actually the main baddie transformed with a little plastic surgery.
Did you read the Bosch book The Narrows? Totally slipped my mind, it continues the Poet story line and brings the Poet back.
No, it's on the list now though. I've read everything up to Angel's Flight as far as the Bosch timeline goes.

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Tym87 wrote:nickgoldma, I would start with The Black Echo and then systematicaly go in order of the author's books. There will be some non Bosch books along the way, but if you read them in publication order the whole universe overlaps. Reading Bloodwork and the Lincoln Lawyer in order of their publication dates will allow you to recall characters from previous Bosch novels and so forth. It's a long journey this way, but highly rewarding.

Just ordered "the Black Echo" finally today, as well as the hard copy of TB1!
Get after it!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Just got "Hard Grounds".

If you dig Tom Waits...
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

I don't know if any of you dig hitman fiction, but the John Rain series by Barry Eisler is right on... the thinking man's Bond. The author's ex-CIA, and he gets the trade-craft down pat.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

TangoZero wrote:I don't know if any of you dig hitman fiction, but the John Rain series by Barry Eisler is right on... the thinking man's Bond. The author's ex-CIA, and he gets the trade-craft down pat.
I added it to my list.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

Barkadion wrote:Just got "Hard Grounds".

If you dig Tom Waits...
Only when I'm drinking :)

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

nickgoldma wrote:
Tym87 wrote:nickgoldma, I would start with The Black Echo and then systematicaly go in order of the author's books. There will be some non Bosch books along the way, but if you read them in publication order the whole universe overlaps. Reading Bloodwork and the Lincoln Lawyer in order of their publication dates will allow you to recall characters from previous Bosch novels and so forth. It's a long journey this way, but highly rewarding.

Nice! You'll love it. I will say I read Connelly in an interview and he said if you can't deal with the time change to start with Echo Park but I think you'll enjoy anyway.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Tym87 wrote:
Barkadion wrote:Just got "Hard Grounds".

If you dig Tom Waits...
Only when I'm drinking :)
Haha :)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

mtguy1976

Post by mtguy1976 »

TangoZero wrote:I don't know if any of you dig hitman fiction, but the John Rain series by Barry Eisler is right on... the thinking man's Bond. The author's ex-CIA, and he gets the trade-craft down pat.
Awesome thanks. The hitman series from Lawrence Block is good too

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Tym87 wrote:
nickgoldma wrote:

Nice! You'll love it. I will say I read Connelly in an interview and he said if you can't deal with the time change to start with Echo Park but I think you'll enjoy anyway.
Sounds good to me. I'll probably try to read in order as I am pretty OCD about things like that. Should be a good read. Thanks again.
Get after it!