KB work with Operator

MxS/SE/HIC/E
GlassCityMedic

KB work with Operator

Post by GlassCityMedic »

Hey Folks,

I see a lot of people on here talk about incorporating KB swings/snatches as finisher for operator. I am currently 3 weeks into operator (doing the minimum sets) and really enjoying it. I love KB's and I would like to incorporate a KB finisher. Wondering what the expert consensus is for reps/sets for each day? I have bells from 16-32 kg available. I was thinking of 32 kg swings 10x10. Would this be too much and detract from overall max strength work those days? Thanks.

Tyr0331

Re: KB work with Operator

Post by Tyr0331 »

I've been using Pavel's ladder method from Enter the Kettlebell. Seems to workout great so far

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

You might want to look into AA book by J-MADD. It has dedicated chapter for KB programming with TB training.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

GlassCityMedic

Post by GlassCityMedic »

Ok cool, I just ordered it and should get it in about 2 weeks.

Jefferson

Post by Jefferson »

I usually do 10x10 swings after operator. I use either 32kg or 40kg, depending on how strong my hands feel. If I can't type well, or engage in other fine motor activities afterwards I should have used a lighter weight. When my swings feel strong, crisp, and explosive, my post lift run always goes well. I think weight is less important than being explosive and tight.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

If you have 16kg to 32kg (I imagine in jumps of 4kg?), you can scale them along with the other work if you're worried about the workload. For instance, 20kg/24kg/28kg/24kg/28kg/32kg would cover a six week block of Operator.

GlassCityMedic

Post by GlassCityMedic »

Thanks guys, great advice. Jarhead you are a genius....