Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Barkadion wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:27 am II is forever! Miss those days and miss Ross forum! I’m thinking of going back ti it now and then. I think I might do it as a detour next spring..
Cheers!
I am really enjoying it to be honest. The sessions are shorter, the variety is a nice change and I was just getting a bit sick of barbell lifts. I think I would eventually like to run TB as strength and then use Magic 50 and the other shorter conditioning sessions as a finisher to my strength work. I will probably need a base build after which should line up well with our summer here.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

18/11/2022

II GPP 1
Core 2

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:22 pm
Adski wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:58 am
Maxrip13 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:03 am

I actually really enjoyed today's strength session. I treated the first lifts as speed lifts and kept them light.
Tomorrow will be intervals before Magic 50 and some GPP work around BJJ. I would have loved to run it as is but I had to get the strenght work in today. Work capacity 101 has been my usual cut off whenever I started the 50 day program. That workout always derails me so I will be scaling it this run through.
True! This sounds very similar to what I was consider doing in doing the 2 strength days a week setup of II as set up in the book. Man I’ll never forget the first time doing fast and furious. A mate of mine and I were that dedicated, that, we were going on Christmas leave (circa 2008) and both had to travel on the same day, so we got the keys from the guard room at 2am so we could go and do the session lol. Good times.
Work cap 101, such a sold session! Will be good to see how you go!
I remember doing Work cap 101 on the pullup bars near the Robbo Gym Pool in about 2010-2011.
I split my medball halfway through the session. I don't think I will be able to maintain the pace and my form to be honest, but I will see how I go.
I am definitely enjoying getting my training in under 30 mins most of the time. I do miss long runs though, but the longer intervals should help me maintain my Aerobic capacity.
Ah Robbo, I do miss the NT!
Ah yes, the ol Med ball split lol, have seen that a few times Haha.
You could factor in a long run here and there and make your own IA setup for II.
Day 1 MS
Day 2 GPP
Day 3 warrior Challenge
Day 4 LSS
Day 5 rest
Day 6 MS (explosive)
Day 7 intervals
Day 8 rest
Something like that. I’m thinking about trialing my own variation on this in the near future.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

21/11/2022

BJJ Gi Evening
Kimura

22/11/2022

Work capacity 101 (10 burpees only)
8 and half rounds total with 6 within the 2 min time caps

Work capacity 101 is just as fun as I remembered. I dropped the burpees down as I just wanted to maintain the cap for as long as possible.
The first 5 rounds were as the book says with 45 secs of recovery remaining, but I started to lose form on the pullups and the rest between dropped me out of the rounds.

No finisher as I didn't really need one.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Adski wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:03 pm
Adski wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:58 am

True! This sounds very similar to what I was consider doing in doing the 2 strength days a week setup of II as set up in the book. Man I’ll never forget the first time doing fast and furious. A mate of mine and I were that dedicated, that, we were going on Christmas leave (circa 2008) and both had to travel on the same day, so we got the keys from the guard room at 2am so we could go and do the session lol. Good times.
Work cap 101, such a sold session! Will be good to see how you go!
I remember doing Work cap 101 on the pullup bars near the Robbo Gym Pool in about 2010-2011.
I split my medball halfway through the session. I don't think I will be able to maintain the pace and my form to be honest, but I will see how I go.
I am definitely enjoying getting my training in under 30 mins most of the time. I do miss long runs though, but the longer intervals should help me maintain my Aerobic capacity.
You could factor in a long run here and there and make your own IA setup for II.
Day 1 MS
Day 2 GPP
Day 3 warrior Challenge
Day 4 LSS
Day 5 rest
Day 6 MS (explosive)
Day 7 intervals
Day 8 rest
Something like that. I’m thinking about trialing my own variation on this in the near future.
Great idea above.
I think I will ultimately end up with some variation like that to be honest, but it's hard around 3-4 BJJ and 1 muay thai session each week.
An OP I/A setup like the one above seems good. I would have to change it a bit for my other training, but combining a day here and there would definitely help.

The Warrior challenge sessions are hard, but I find I am recovering really well from them so far. I think I could easily do them after a strength session if needed and combine 2 days together. I wish my schedule allowed me to hit two sessions each day so I could jusst do them before skill work, but unfortunately it's not an option without losing sleep.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:06 am

Day 1 MS
Day 2 GPP
Day 3 warrior Challenge
Day 4 LSS
Day 5 rest
Day 6 MS (explosive)
Day 7 intervals
Day 8 rest
Great idea above.
I think I will ultimately end up with some variation like that to be honest, but it's hard around 3-4 BJJ and 1 muay thai session each week.
An OP I/A setup like the one above seems good. I would have to change it a bit for my other training, but combining a day here and there would definitely help.

The Warrior challenge sessions are hard, but I find I am recovering really well from them so far. I think I could easily do them after a strength session if needed and combine 2 days together. I wish my schedule allowed me to hit two sessions each day so I could jusst do them before skill work, but unfortunately it's not an option without losing sleep.
Yea it does sound like OP/IA might be a better fit with your bjj commitments, there’s no reason why a training week couldn’t be extended up to say 9 days to factor in flex/rest days.
I hear you on the recovery front, I’m pretty surprised at how well I’m recovering one week in, I’d have to put it down to moving less weight as opposed to when squatting or deadlifting etc.
I definitely hear you on the sleep front, that can’t be overstated enough, it’s so important. Ive found I’ve cut back on a few things here and there which has helped to get to sleep earlier, doesn’t always work due to well, life, but for sure, sleep time can’t be overstated enough.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Adski wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:44 am
Maxrip13 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:06 am

Day 1 MS
Day 2 GPP
Day 3 warrior Challenge
Day 4 LSS
Day 5 rest
Day 6 MS (explosive)
Day 7 intervals
Day 8 rest
Great idea above.

Yea it does sound like OP/IA might be a better fit with your bjj commitments, there’s no reason why a training week couldn’t be extended up to say 9 days to factor in flex/rest days.
I hear you on the recovery front, I’m pretty surprised at how well I’m recovering one week in, I’d have to put it down to moving less weight as opposed to when squatting or deadlifting etc.
I definitely hear you on the sleep front, that can’t be overstated enough, it’s so important. Ive found I’ve cut back on a few things here and there which has helped to get to sleep earlier, doesn’t always work due to well, life, but for sure, sleep time can’t be overstated enough.
We always seem to end up on a similar schedule with base building etc. It must come down to this part of the world.
I definitely think you are on the right track above. It's giving me some good ideas.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

25/11/2022

BJJ Gi evening
Kimuras

Nightshift has been getting in the way of my conditioning but I have managed 3x BJJ sessions and 1 warrior challenge.
Tomorrow will be either intervals or a strength session and I will play catch up next week.

Adski

Post by Adski »

“We always seem to end up on a similar schedule with base building etc. It must come down to this part of the world.
I definitely think you are on the right track above. It's giving me some good ideas.”

Yea, I’ve noticed that as a bit of a theme between you, me and bark lol. I think for us two it’s definitely a seasonal thing when it comes to base building.

Man I’m happy to assist where possible.

Can definitely say I’m enjoying revisiting Ross’s work right now. How are you finding it so far?

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:01 am
Yea, I’ve noticed that as a bit of a theme between you, me and bark lol. I think for us two it’s definitely a seasonal thing when it comes to base building.
:D :D :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky