Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

Bjj No Gi 1200-1330

Stiff arm escape from double under pass.
Either regain guard or sweep if they go for north south.

7x5 mins rolling
I spent most of my time defending, but I did hit some good sweeps and escapes from armbars and mount.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

GMB Rings 1 Day 1
Push
Warmup

1. 3x10 sec
2. 3x8
3. 3x8
4. 4x10sec
5. 3x8

Cooldown
2min+ rest

I am incredibly sore DOMS wise from the previous pull based rings sessions. I think this was during some of the slow controlled lowering phases of pullup practice. This is good as I am already strong in pullups but have found a way to increase difficulty without adding more weight. Being at half bodyweight 1 RM already I am interested to see what this focus on the rings might add.

I am feeling much stronger through my shoulders and core. Being only a week in I am finding good improvements in both those areas already. I am also really enjoying the practice and lack of intensity in my strength training.

I am also leaning up a bit, which is interesting as I have done no conditioning and have no change in my diet.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays training

Bjj no gi open mat

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

GMB Rings 1 Week 2 Session 1
Pull

Warmup

1. 3x8
2. 3x8
3. 3x8
4. 3x8

Cooldown

I was running on 4 hours sleep and woke up absolutely starving, but it was a good training session to start the day. I even got to enjoy the sunrise :D

The pull day, while shorter, is definitely harder. I am surprised how how it is to just work on lowering yourself from the pullup position on rings. I really feel it through my shoulders, upper back and core.

I am still enjoying the training and look forward to seeing how it affects my TB training in the future.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's training

Bjj gi
1200-1400

Spider guard
Omoplata from spider,sweep and counter to knee up(combat base)

5x5, 1 x10 min rolling

Back in a gi for midday classes. I suck at spider guard but still enjoyed the rolling. Had some nice cruisy rolls from some higher belts and added a new armbar escape to the repertoire. Tweaked my right knee but hopefully no serious issues.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

GMB Ring 1 Week 2
Push

Warmup

1. 3x10 sec
2. 3x8
3. 3x8
4. 3x10sec
5. 3x8

Cooldown

My right knee is still giving me issues on the inside from BJJ. Hopefully it is nothing serious. I have had minor surgery on the left and I don't think I am ready to have two fully wrecked knees haha.My left has never fixed itself.

The exercises were pretty easy today, first four no issues. The last exercise is mountain climbers and I struggle the most with this on the rings. Great little core exercise I have never used before.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

GMB Rings 1 Week 2 Session 3
Pull

Warmup

1. 3x8
2. 3x8
3. 3x8
4. 3x8

Cooldown

Stretchs ham/Quads between some sets. R knee feels better, but continued pain through upper left mid back. This was part of why I switched to the ring training. I have no pain while training. I just get it in the warm up and similar. Deep tissue massage and strecthing has not helped so far.

This was my second full week of GMB rings 1 and so far so good. The lower volume and lack of load bearing exercises is a nice break. My upper body and core are getting an excellent training stimulus and I am having quite a bit of fun. I don't know if I will add in any structured lower body work or conditioning yet, but will wait and see. BJj is still a priority when work permits, but I might just start adding in some surfing, hiking and similar just to enjoy myself a bit more and not worry about any other structured training.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

GMB Rings 1
Week 3 Day 1
Push
Warmup

1. 4x10 sec
2. 4x8
3. 4x8
4. 4x10sec
5. 4x8

Cooldown
2min+ rest

I can definitely feel the strength and stability improvement on the rings during today training session. I felt very comfortable on the rings and decided to add a set to each exercise. One of the exercises is a kneeling push up and I accidently zoned out and did a normal ring pushup. I have done them in the past, but today's push ups felt really stable and controlled so I will keep them subbed in.

I have been filming the final set or two of each exercise and I can really see how I am progressing and improving my technique. I feel pretty confident I will reach my goal of a slow, smooth and controlled muscle up by the end of the program. I am also getting some comments on the development of my upper body in particular my back, shoulders and pectoral area.

So far this deviation from TB has been an enjoyable little trip away to work on some new attributes and skills.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

GMB Rings 1 Week 2 Session 1
Pull

Warmup

1. 3x8(Progressed to harder variation)
2. 3x8
3. 3x8
4. 3x8

Cooldown

Today called for a harder variation of a row type exercise on the rings. The idea was that this exercise prepared you for Pullups in the future.I can already do pullups at the required volume, however I found this exercise very challenging. To do it as asked in a slow controlled manner was surprisingly difficult. I finished this exercise with a severe pump through my lats, upper mid back and forearms. I kept the reps the same due to the progression of the first movement.

I am 1 session off finishing the third week. I feel I have a hang of the program and might try and add in a run/interval session atleast once a fortnight. I did plan on swimming but I am worried that it might be too much upper body work. I have been a bit slack with BJJ so maybe that will fill the conditioning gap.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

GMB Rings 1
Week 3 Day 5
Push
Warmup

1. 3x15 sec
2. 4x8
3. 3x10
4. 3x30sec
5. 3x10

Cooldown
2min+ rest

Small Improvement on each exercise today. I either added time, sets or reps to each exercise. I can definitely feel the improvement in stability and strength on the rings. It is surprisingly challenging even though I would consider myself pretty strong from my previous weight training experience. 2more week or 6 more sessions and I have finished phase 1.