Barkadion TB Logs

VenomousCoffee

Re: Barkadion TB Logs

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Remind me, what's the "OWT/FP" in your program titles? Just flipped through the Op I/A chapter of the book and didn't see anything.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Remind me, what's the "OWT/FP" in your program titles? Just flipped through the Op I/A chapter of the book and didn't see anything.
Oh.. my bad.
FP = forced progression
OWT = Old Warhorse Template from AA book. I use %% from it.

Basically I go from 80% of 1RM to 90% of 1RM with 2.5% increments from block to block. Then I use forced progression and start over again. Works very well for me. More conditioning with with lower %% and less conditioning with higher %%. Great way to manage recovery and play with personal life schedule flexibility.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Thanks man. I read AA, but I think of it as more of a narrative and I forgot he gave workouts and %s too.

For my block post-BB, I'm thinking of doing one of those "unusual" programs in the back of TB2 (which I'd forgotten about until I was skimming through the training vault the other day, brushing up on my HICs for BB). The one that's SQ, BP, and 100 KB swings. If you're thinking about dropping DL...

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Thanks man. I read AA, but I think of it as more of a narrative and I forgot he gave workouts and %s too.

For my block post-BB, I'm thinking of doing one of those "unusual" programs in the back of TB2 (which I'd forgotten about until I was skimming through the training vault the other day, brushing up on my HICs for BB). The one that's SQ, BP, and 100 KB swings. If you're thinking about dropping DL...
Are you dropping pull-ups too?

I have dropped DL with this cycle. Using ME2 and GC6 with "heavy" swings and it seems to be awesome. I will be progressing with the weight for swings by using T-loading pin. Heavy swings and burpees combo is magic. And you can stay with basic-medium sets. It does the job done.

I am getting back to Fighter Bangkok Green around summer time with plenty of easy running, rucking and cycling.

Cheers.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Haven't made up my mind on pull-ups. I was thinking BS, OHP, and P-Ups plus the swings but I was worried that was too much work. I'm not entirely sure how much the swings would work your upper back.

I'm at the end of week 6 of BB so I've got time to decide. Two weeks ago I was sure I was going to run Fighter Bangkok so who knows.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Haven't made up my mind on pull-ups. I was thinking BS, OHP, and P-Ups plus the swings but I was worried that was too much work. I'm not entirely sure how much the swings would work your upper back.

I'm at the end of week 6 of BB so I've got time to decide. Two weeks ago I was sure I was going to run Fighter Bangkok so who knows.
There is nothing wrong with trying different templates. Its fun after all:)

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

3/25/19
Block#24, OP I/A Black OWT/FP(82.5%)
Week#1, Monday (75%)

Lifts
BP - 3x5, 165
SSB Squat - 3x5, 185
WPU - 3х5, BW
RI - 3-4 min

Finisher
LWSW, 10/arm
Body Saw with sliders - 1x10, 20

Qigong
Breathing
qi/arms drills
Whole set
1-3 moves detailing

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

3/26/19
Block#24, OP I/A Black OWT/FP(82.5%)
Week#1, Tuesday (75%)

GC#6
2H T-bar Swings - 1x10, 65lb
ECBB - 1x5
Air Squats - 1x10
AMRAP - 5 min
RI - 90sec
x2

Qigong
Breathing
qi/arms drills
Whole set
1-3 moves detailing

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Hard at work as usual Bark. Your dedication is always inspiring.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:Hard at work as usual Bark. Your dedication is always inspiring.
Cheers mate :)