Pr3inar’s Log

Pr3inar

Re: Pr3inar’s Log

Post by Pr3inar »

HIC, Easy week, 500 m resets row
«Easy» as in 3 rounds instead of 5 (because I forgot about easy week, it came to me during round 3 when I couldnt understand why it felt so much heavier than last week..)

500: 1:35.4, 1:39.5, 1:41.0

Pr3inar

Post by Pr3inar »

6/2-20 MSx 90 %

1: skater squat, 5x5 x 24 kg
2: bench, 5x5 x 107,5 kg
3: pullups, 5x5 x 24 kg

7/2-20, HIC, BOO
1a: swings x 20 kg x 1 min/30 reps
1b: 800 m run, threadmill
3 rounds.

2: Plank and shank, 1 min per exeecise, one round

Overtime at work, 6 hours since last meal except an apple I threw in the mouth right before training. Running is hard :lol: Also, I have been a bit «tired» in my lower back the last days, so took it easy on the swings, I know I have a long shift with planned overtime tomorrow..

Plank and shank: planks was easy. The Shank was pretty hard on my glutes, hamstrings and especially the tendons on the backside of the knee.

Pr3inar

Post by Pr3inar »

In my resting week after BB, and revising what I did/should have done and planning the next step.

What I should have done:
- more running during BB. The weather sidn’t allow me to replace running with XC skiing either, which I think would have been equally good, instead I used a rower and jump rope and it just wasn’t the same. I felt that on BOO/BOO II. Will do a new BB cycle in the summer, and run outside.

Next step:
- I see that my schedule don’t allow me to go to the gym at certain days, and these days change from week to week. I will therefore do Operator I/A, along with Black
- I will continue with the same exercises I did during BB
- Up the game on nutrition. I downloaded a calorie/macro counter. Next time I go shopping I’ll buy chicken breasts and boil-in-bags, bake up for a couple of days and bring to work. Work meals are the hardest for me. I usually end up with fast food, shakes or protein bars. Sandwiches just doesn’t cut it, but a chicken salad might. I probably also need some sort of cooling bag, but theres limited space in the squad car, so I’ll have to do some research there

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

I'm right there with you on the meal prep. We got a couple of big baking sheets for our oven, and I've found that I can get several days meals done in one shot by baking everything at once. Adding oil or protein powder to the mix makes it easier to hit macro goals, and makes each meal stick better. I'll store it in Pyrex 4-cup lidded bowls, which sets a standard serving size. 2 of them fit into a lunch box with an ice pack, and will last me through a 10-hour day.

Dunno if this will help, but it's worked for me.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy

Pr3inar

Post by Pr3inar »

OneOfManyRobs wrote:I'm right there with you on the meal prep. We got a couple of big baking sheets for our oven, and I've found that I can get several days meals done in one shot by baking everything at once. Adding oil or protein powder to the mix makes it easier to hit macro goals, and makes each meal stick better. I'll store it in Pyrex 4-cup lidded bowls, which sets a standard serving size. 2 of them fit into a lunch box with an ice pack, and will last me through a 10-hour day.

Dunno if this will help, but it's worked for me.
Do you have any recipes/spices etc to suggest?:)

Pr3inar

Post by Pr3inar »

Started Operator I/A with Black today.

1RM’s for this cycle (estimated with Wendlers formula, and using a TM)
Skater squat: 30 kg
Bench: 122,5 kg
Pullups: 130 kg (bw 90 kg + 40 kg)

Week 1 (75%)
15/2-20, MS
1: Skater squat: 5x5 x 30 kg
2: Bench: 5x5 x 90 kg
3: Pullups: 5x5 x 7,5 kg
Last edited by Pr3inar on Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

Pr3inar wrote: Do you have any recipes/spices etc to suggest?:)
Sure! This is my basic, go-to recipe. I call it, "Meat Fuel," as it's fuel for meat. I'm the opposite of a foodie, so please feel free to alter this to meet your taste/nutrition needs.

I cube up a couple blocks of tofu, add 1/8th cup oil, tamari to taste, and bake at 415 degrees for 30 minutes. I then add two bags of frozen vegetables, another 1/8 cup oil, a bit of protein powder, lemon pepper to taste, and 1/4 cup nutritional yeast. Mix it all up on the pan, then bake for another 30 minutes. Yields approximately 10 cups of food, at approximately 200 calories per cup. I'll bring 8 cups for a 10-hour shift, and plan on eating when I get home.

I used the MyFitnessPal app to play around with the recipe and see what the energy level/macros would look like before baking. To make this recipe last longer, you could make some rice or pasta or quinoa to go with it.

I've been vegan for a bit over a decade, so I don't have any real idea of how to modify the baking times for animal-based protein. You could probably stir-fry the while thing in a very large skillet/wok, if you have one.

Edited to add: to save cleanup time, use parchment paper on the baking pan. Saves so much scrubbing!
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy

Pr3inar

Post by Pr3inar »

OneOfManyRobs wrote:
Pr3inar wrote: Do you have any recipes/spices etc to suggest?:)
Sure! This is my basic, go-to recipe. I call it, "Meat Fuel," as it's fuel for meat. I'm the opposite of a foodie, so please feel free to alter this to meet your taste/nutrition needs.

I cube up a couple blocks of tofu, add 1/8th cup oil, tamari to taste, and bake at 415 degrees for 30 minutes. I then add two bags of frozen vegetables, another 1/8 cup oil, a bit of protein powder, lemon pepper to taste, and 1/4 cup nutritional yeast. Mix it all up on the pan, then bake for another 30 minutes. Yields approximately 10 cups of food, at approximately 200 calories per cup. I'll bring 8 cups for a 10-hour shift, and plan on eating when I get home.

I used the MyFitnessPal app to play around with the recipe and see what the energy level/macros would look like before baking. To make this recipe last longer, you could make some rice or pasta or quinoa to go with it.

I've been vegan for a bit over a decade, so I don't have any real idea of how to modify the baking times for animal-based protein. You could probably stir-fry the while thing in a very large skillet/wok, if you have one.

Edited to add: to save cleanup time, use parchment paper on the baking pan. Saves so much scrubbing!
Thank you!
I’m a foodie, and not a vegan, but this is the kind of thing I’m looking for. Easy, healthy, easy-to-bring fuel, that can be made in batches.

Yesterday I just brought a spoon, and planned to buy 400 gr of cottage cheese, but then we got busy and wasn’t finished before all the grocery stores closed.. will try something like this with chicken or turkey!

Pr3inar

Post by Pr3inar »

I have the kids today and until thursday. The only times I have available to go to the gym next week will be dedicated to strength. so had to get in some conditioning at home today. I went to bed a bit to late last night, and this morning started at 0500 when my 3 year old came down and was hungry. Since then it’s been constant activity until 2100 so this workout was based upon «something beats nothing».

16/2-20 HIC, Fobbit at home
1a: Jump rope x 2 min
1b: 15 burpees
20 minutes

Pr3inar

Post by Pr3inar »

17/2-20, MS 2, 70%
Skater squat: 4x5 x 15 kg
Bench: 5x5 x 90 kg
Pullups: 5x5 x 7,5 kg

Couldn’t sleep last night. 4 hours sleep, dead tired and legs felt sluggish