1 Arm Overhead carry 24kg es
1 Arm Overhead carry 28kg es
x 2 rounds, approx 50m each carry

LSS trail run 30 min
Distance:3.8km
Avg Pace:7:54 per km
Avg HR:145bpm

20 min Cooldown walk

I reset after struggling to get my strength work in last week. My skipping session absolutely destroyed my left calf for an entire week so lesson learned.

My focus will be on bare minimum strength training paired with some easy LSS while I get used to BJJ again. I will be focusing on getting in 3x sessions a week spilt over 2 days. It means specific days will be dedicated to making multiple BJJ sessions.

I will be looking at getting some heavier dumbells or plates as I would like to incorporate more unilateral leg work as opposed to back and front squats. I just find the cost/reward is getting a bit high and I maintain a double bodyweight back squat without training it pretty easily.

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

1/12/20

BJJ Midday Gi

Worked on holding sitting up open guard and unbalancing

3x 2 min rounds alt top and bottom open guard
1x5min round stand up grappling

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

1/12/20

Evening BJJ No Gi

Off balancing from seated guard(same as Am class)

4x5 min rolling

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

3/12/20

Bjj gi evening into no gi

Continued working on unbalancing opponent from seated guard
4x5 min rounds rolling gi
2x 2 min rounds specific from seated guard alt with partner

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

5/12/20

BW 77.1kg
Deadlift, single leg, trunk strength

A. Warmup 2 rounds
Monster walks
Single leg glute bridge
Superman back extensions
reverse lunge

B. Strength Work up to heavy 5RM
110kg
85% back off sets x2
90kg 2x6
C.3x5
BW, 10kg x2 sets
D.3x8
16kg
E. 15 Minute grind
1. 16kg 2/2 alt l,r
2.16kg, 8/8 alt l,r
3.BW x 20 reps
4.16kg 25 secs, alt l,r
F. Cooldown

I can't seem to be trusted to do my own programming intelligently at the moment so I am jumping back and following someone else's. Same as my previous stint recently, but with an all round athlete focus over mass.

I just feel like doing something programmed by someone else for a while to get some excitement back in my strength and conditioning training.

BJJ is the focus so will see how it all plays out. I just need to go outside that minimalist TB realm for a while and just train for the sake of it for a little.

I will be back to TB early 2021 with a base build on the horizon.

ml1985

Post by ml1985 »

Maxrip13 wrote:I can't seem to be trusted to do my own programming intelligently at the moment so I am jumping back and following someone else's. Same as my previous stint recently, but with an all round athlete focus over mass.

I just feel like doing something programmed by someone else for a while to get some excitement back in my strength and conditioning training.

BJJ is the focus so will see how it all plays out. I just need to go outside that minimalist TB realm for a while and just train for the sake of it for a little.

I highly recommend it. When I was powerlifting, my best gains were made when I was coached. I decided to hire a coach about a month ago and I started to really love training again. I'm more focused and I don't question what I'm doing. Overall, I'm very happy and feel like I'm making huge progress towards my goals.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote:5/12/20

BW 77.1kg
Deadlift, single leg, trunk strength

A. Warmup 2 rounds
Monster walks
Single leg glute bridge
Superman back extensions
reverse lunge

B. Strength Work up to heavy 5RM
110kg
85% back off sets x2
90kg 2x6
C.3x5
BW, 10kg x2 sets
D.3x8
16kg
E. 15 Minute grind
1. 16kg 2/2 alt l,r
2.16kg, 8/8 alt l,r
3.BW x 20 reps
4.16kg 25 secs, alt l,r
F. Cooldown

I can't seem to be trusted to do my own programming intelligently at the moment so I am jumping back and following someone else's. Same as my previous stint recently, but with an all round athlete focus over mass.

Going the consult route with TB could work. I did it with Jim for a couple of years and it worked out pretty well overall.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

ml1985 wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:I can't seem to be trusted to do my own programming intelligently at the moment so I am jumping back and following someone else's. Same as my previous stint recently, but with an all round athlete focus over mass.

I highly recommend it. When I was powerlifting, my best gains were made when I was coached. I decided to hire a coach about a month ago and I started to really love training again. I'm more focused and I don't question what I'm doing. Overall, I'm very happy and feel like I'm making huge progress towards my goals.
Thanks mate. I think it might be the way to go for a period of time. I have a bit of a difficult situation with how I need to maximize my BJJ training over 2 days and it's making it hard to get in my normal OP I/A and recover well. Plus it would be good just to do what I am told for a bit haha.