D.3x8
16kg
E. 15 Minute grind
1. 16kg 2/2 alt l,r
2.16kg, 8/8 alt l,r
3.BW x 20 reps
4.16kg 25 secs, alt l,r
F. Cooldown

I can't seem to be trusted to do my own programming intelligently at the moment so I am jumping back and following someone else's. Same as my previous stint recently, but with an all round athlete focus over mass.

I just feel like doing something programmed by someone else for a while to get some excitement back in my strength and conditioning training.

BJJ is the focus so will see how it all plays out. I just need to go outside that minimalist TB realm for a while and just train for the sake of it for a little.

I will be back to TB early 2021 with a base build on the horizon.
Going the consult route with TB could work. I did it with Jim for a couple of years and it worked out pretty well overall.
I have sent a DM through a year or two ago with no response to do consulting for a period.. I might try and flick a message through again after I run my current cycle and see what happens.

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Trained myself into a cold so going to take a few days off a reset with a plan for my training.

I will still hit up BJJ once I recover enough.

I will probably return back to OP I/A with a lunge, press, pullup and plank cluster. I will keep the weights light to allow me to recover and just go through the motions for a bit.

BJJ will be my main form of conditioning with a few easier LSS sessions thrown in where able.

The main goal will be improving recovery and a health first approach to allow me to train BJJ as much as possible for 2021. I was just trying to do too much and will have under recovered for the first time this year.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote:
Adski wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:5/12/20

BW 77.1kg
Deadlift, single leg, trunk strength

A. Warmup 2 rounds
Monster walks
Single leg glute bridge
Superman back extensions
reverse lunge

B. Strength Work up to heavy 5RM
110kg
85% back off sets x2
90kg 2x6
C.3x5
BW, 10kg x2 sets
D.3x8
16kg
E. 15 Minute grind
1. 16kg 2/2 alt l,r
2.16kg, 8/8 alt l,r
3.BW x 20 reps
4.16kg 25 secs, alt l,r
F. Cooldown

I can't seem to be trusted to do my own programming intelligently at the moment so I am jumping back and following someone else's. Same as my previous stint recently, but with an all round athlete focus over mass.

I just feel like doing something programmed by someone else for a while to get some excitement back in my strength and conditioning training.

BJJ is the focus so will see how it all plays out. I just need to go outside that minimalist TB realm for a while and just train for the sake of it for a little.

Going the consult route with TB could work. I did it with Jim for a couple of years and it worked out pretty well overall.
I have sent a DM through a year or two ago with no response to do consulting for a period.. I might try and flick a message through again after I run my current cycle and see what happens.
True. That’s odd, I jumped onto it not long after it was offered, got a lot of great advice and work out of it. I’d recommend another shot. I know Barkadion was on board with it for a while as well.

Either way, just thought I would put it out there as an option.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:
Adski wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:5/12/20

BW 77.1kg
Deadlift, single leg, trunk strength

A. Warmup 2 rounds
Monster walks
Single leg glute bridge
Superman back extensions
reverse lunge

B. Strength Work up to heavy 5RM
110kg
85% back off sets x2
90kg 2x6
C.3x5
BW, 10kg x2 sets
D.3x8
16kg
E. 15 Minute grind
1. 16kg 2/2 alt l,r
2.16kg, 8/8 alt l,r
3.BW x 20 reps
4.16kg 25 secs, alt l,r
F. Cooldown

I’d sent message to KB directly. That’s what I did and he connected me with Grouchy for consulting and programming. I run 2 custom program written by him with great results. I am still keeping similar format and structure to my training. Great experience and fun! Good luck!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

ml1985

Post by ml1985 »

Maxrip13 wrote:Plus it would be good just to do what I am told for a bit haha.
That's why I need my wife. Otherwise, just the kids and me = totally disorganized.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

17/12/2020

Bjj gi into no gi class 2 hours total
Gi class
Side control kimura sequence
4x5 rounds rolling

No gi
Half guard to dog fight sweeps
Short focused rounds rolling

Just been enjoying some time off while I work out some TB consulting with Grouchy.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

29/12/20

BJJ No gi Evening

Worked on turtle when guard is passed

Finished off with specific rolling from above positions

I have just taken a bit of time off while I sorted out some consulting with Grouchyjarhead as mentioned by Barkadion and Adski above. I took a few weeks off training as an all round reset and I am excited to get back into it. I will be completing my log here, but limiting the details out of respect.

I will do a full write up at the end of my base building and again after continuation. I have read over it all earlier this evening and I can say I am very excited. The programming looks excellent and covers every controllable issue I was having when planning my own training between BJJ training and shift work. Now it's just up to me to do the work.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

ml1985 wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:Plus it would be good just to do what I am told for a bit haha.
That's why I need my wife. Otherwise, just the kids and me = totally disorganized.
Sadly I am the organized one with my other half... :lol:

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:29/12/20

BJJ No gi Evening

Worked on turtle when guard is passed

Finished off with specific rolling from above positions

I have just taken a bit of time off while I sorted out some consulting with Grouchyjarhead as mentioned by Barkadion and Adski above. I took a few weeks off training as an all round reset and I am excited to get back into it. I will be completing my log here, but limiting the details out of respect.

I will do a full write up at the end of my base building and again after continuation. I have read over it all earlier this evening and I can say I am very excited. The programming looks excellent and covers every controllable issue I was having when planning my own training between BJJ training and shift work. Now it's just up to me to do the work.
I bet you are going to love the programming and it will help you for sure!! Good luck mate!!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

You have the work ethic and the ability, you just needed a push in the right direction. You're going to kill it now.