Barkadion TB Logs

Barkadion

Re: Barkadion TB Logs

Post by Barkadion »

Ok, ok.. 2nd covid wave got me finally. Got under blanket for a few days with fever and feeling like a s**t. Now in recovery. I need to get over overall weakness. It’s strange given my kids are non-symptomatic and my wife had it like a regular flu. Gonna take some time to get to the state when I can do some training. Not even sure which block it will be. Will see.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:13 am Ok, ok.. 2nd covid wave got me finally. Got under blanket for a few days with fever and feeling like a s**t. Now in recovery. I need to get over overall weakness. It’s strange given my kids are non-symptomatic and my wife had it like a regular flu. Gonna take some time to get to the state when I can do some training. Not even sure which block it will be. Will see.
Nooo!

There are so many things going around at the moment too! Hope you recover well Bark!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:48 am
Barkadion wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:13 am Ok, ok.. 2nd covid wave got me finally. Got under blanket for a few days with fever and feeling like a s**t. Now in recovery. I need to get over overall weakness. It’s strange given my kids are non-symptomatic and my wife had it like a regular flu. Gonna take some time to get to the state when I can do some training. Not even sure which block it will be. Will see.
Nooo!

There are so many things going around at the moment too! Hope you recover well Bark!
Thanks mate! Omicron is spreading like crazy now… there’s saying: “do you want to make God to laugh? - make a plans..” that’s my story..
I have to get over fatigue now.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:45 am
Nooo!

Thanks mate! Omicron is spreading like crazy now… there’s saying: “do you want to make God to laugh? - make a plans..” that’s my story..
Lol, that saying is very relatable!
I hope the fatigue side of it doesn’t last too long! Hope your family is all good too!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:11 pm
Barkadion wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:45 am

Nooo!

Lol, that saying is very relatable!
I hope the fatigue side of it doesn’t last too long! Hope your family is all good too!
Thank you, Adski! Never give up!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

7/4/22
Recovery Block

Week#1, Monday

Lifts
OHP - 3x5
FS - 3x5
PU - 3xAMAP
Body Saw Slider - 2x10

Note
*OK. Finally have some energy to get back to it. Active recovery is on the list.
**Just getting some basics into its place. Random numbers, slow motion.
***I guess it will take 2-3 weeks to get to some decent TM. I think I will restart I/CAT after that. Will see.

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

Bark, obviously you are immune system is recovering (and not at 100%) now. How good was your immune system before you got sick? That is, did it hit you at when you were at full strength, or were you at less than 100%?

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

TBPenguin wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:02 pm Bark, obviously you are immune system is recovering (and not at 100%) now. How good was your immune system before you got sick? That is, did it hit you at when you were at full strength, or were you at less than 100%?
Well.. it’s difficult to say for me now. I always considered my immune system as a strong one. Thing with kids is they going places and keep being exposed to all kinds of things. In case of covid they got positive results being asymptomatic. I picked omicron from them feeling at full strength. Acute phase was about few days and I thought I got over it. It came back a week later with second wave of low grade fewer and fatigue. Kids are still fine.. I’ve built my natural immunity now but who knows what might happen with different variant which my kids can pick up in near future. I’m puzzled in a way. Feel better now and itchy to get back to regular training. Strength comes back slower than I want… I don’t know if I answered you question, TBP…

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

Barkadion wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:48 pm
TBPenguin wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:02 pm Bark, obviously you are immune system is recovering (and not at 100%) now. How good was your immune system before you got sick? That is, did it hit you at when you were at full strength, or were you at less than 100%?
I picked omicron from them feeling at full strength. I don’t know if I answered you question, TBP…
Yeah, that's it. You weren't run down. Hope you get back there soon.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

TBPenguin wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:26 pm
Barkadion wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:48 pm
I picked omicron from them feeling at full strength. I don’t know if I answered you question, TBP…
Yeah, that's it. You weren't run down. Hope you get back there soon.
Thank you TBP! Frankly, last couple years have been crazy for me. On/off being sick cycles. Tough times for sure.