Romanian deadlift and others

MxS/SE/HIC/E
jamesdean

Romanian deadlift and others

Post by jamesdean »

Hi,

I had a question on Romanian deadlifting. Many times in the books - mass protocol and strength, Romanian deadlifting has been recommended to replace the conventional deadlifting. And it could be performed 3x times per week just like regular BP and SQ. It seems its impact on CNS is lower than the conventional deadlifting. Could someone here please point me to link where I can learn the exact technique of Romanian deadlifting to ensure my form is perfect? I have tried searching for it on the internet but need advice from the expert members.

Please also help with the below additional questions:
1. Are rack pulls (deadlifting an inch or two below the knees but not from the ground) considered an effective replacement for conventional deadlifting. The reason I ask is that I had been injured with disc bulge (not disc herniation) from conventional deadlifting many years ago. Therefore, I had been practicing rack pulls and I can do them safely with considerably heavy weights. I also sometimes prefer doing singles to ensure my form isn't sloppy because of multiple reps in a set. So, given my old injuries should I continue with rack pulls and be able to reap the benefits of conventional deadlifts?

2. WPU - As per my understanding, a chin-up is when the chin is up above the bar and needs a wide arm grip. What is recommended for a perfect pull up execution? A slightly wider than shoulder grip? And what should be the hand positions - supine or prone or neutral? Asking this as different grips and hand positions can make the exercise harder or easier.

3. What are the recommended macros for fat loss? The standard ratios for muscle gain are P(1.3x), C(2x) and F(0.5x). Would P(1.5x), C(0.5x) and F(0.3x) be a good starting point for fat loss?

Thanks in advance for the help!