antlas log

antlas

Re: antlas log

Post by antlas »

Fri - unplanned rest

Sat - day 2 at 75%. Only had half an hour.
SQ 110 x 5 x 5
BP 75 x 5 x 5
PU 3 x 5

Sun - day 3 at 75%
SQ 110 x 5 x 5
DL working up to 165 x 3 x 3
Skipped bench due to tweaky shoulder

Mon - 1:20 of bjj

antlas

Post by antlas »

My win for the week was I did a muscle-up from a dead hang on my first try. I haven't tried a muscle up in ages, so I was shocked I did it on the first try. I can count on one hand the time I've ever managed one, so I feel pretty good about that.

Tues - day 1 of 85%
SQ 5 sets of 3 at 125
BP 5 sets of 3 at 80
PU 3 sets of 5 at +10

Wed - rest

Thurs - 1+ hour of no gi

Fri - day 2 of 85%
SQ 5 sets of 3 at 125
BP 5 sets of 3 at 80
PU 3 sets of 5 at +10

Sat - unplanned rest. Been finding a new job and arranging a move, so I've had to be flexible

Sun - 3.5 run. Very slow and pathetic, really need to do base building. I stopped doing E when I was trying and failing to gain weight - I'm always surprised at how fast cardio fitness drops off.

I stopped tracking calories. That was a mistake, I immediately went back to undereating. Started tracking again today.

antlas

Post by antlas »

Notes: I bought an Inzer belt and have been really enjoying it - doubly so because it is bright purple. I'm pretty much the only who wears a belt at my gym, let alone a purple one...but I'm also the only woman who powerlifts there, so it's not like I was ever flying under the radar.

Monday - last day of 85%
SQ 3 x 3 x 125
DL 3 x 3 x 175
Couldn't get a bench, did 40 pushups instead

Tuesday - rest

Wednesday - first week of 95%. Felt super easy, it was great!
SQ 3 sets of 2 at 140
BP 3 sets of 2 at 85
PU 3 sets of 3 with + 15

Thursday - unplanned rest. At least it's Easy Week. Moving house will likely impact my training for a few more weeks.

antlas

Post by antlas »

Saturday - unplanned rest. No good excuse, just momentum in the wrong direction.

Sunday - last day of 95%, last day of this block. I felt great!
SQ 3 sets of 2 at 140
DL working up to 3 sets of 2 at 185
BP 3 sets of 3 at 85, one set of 3 at 90.

I'm sitting right around 122-123, so I've managed to put on about 4 lbs this block. I'm impressed at how much it helped my strength progress. I'm definitely going to make bulking cycles a regular feature.

I'm going to take a few days off, then run a cycle of base building. I've been vacillating between wanting to run base (my cardiovascular conditioning has deteriorated a lot) and wanting to continue pursuing strength gains. However, since the weather is mild and it's been almost a year since I last did a cycle of base, I think I'll shelve the strength goals for a few weeks and get that cardio up.

antlas

Post by antlas »

Monday - rest

Tuesday - 1 hour of BJJ

Wednesday - rest

Thursday - first day of base building, 38 minute run. I'm really glad I have a heart rate monitor this time around. It's very difficult to go slow enough to stay in the target HR range without external feedback.

Friday - fighter, 75%.
SQ 3 sets of 5 at 115
BP 3 sets of 5 at 75
PU 3 sets of 5, unweighted. To chest.
Finished with an extra half hour of LSS.

antlas

Post by antlas »

Saturday
38 minute run
1:20 of BJJ. I was awarded my first stripe! Feeling pretty great about that.

antlas

Post by antlas »

Sunday - recovery. Slow hike with family.

Monday - day 2 of 75%
SQ 3 sets of 5 at 115
DL 3 sets of 5 at 155
BP 3 sets of 5 at 75
PU 3 sets of 5 at BW

antlas

Post by antlas »

Tuesday - long run, 45 minutes

Wednesday - rest, except I did 1:20 of BJJ instead.

I haven't been tracking calories and macros the last few weeks...really need to get back to that. Does anyone here track consistently and permanently? Tell me your secrets.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

antlas wrote:Tuesday - long run, 45 minutes

Wednesday - rest, except I did 1:20 of BJJ instead.

I haven't been tracking calories and macros the last few weeks...really need to get back to that. Does anyone here track consistently and permanently? Tell me your secrets.
I am back to counting now. I have started it again due to my experimentation with meatless regimen. I just wanted to make sure that I can get my macros. I am hooked on it now. Back to the hook!

It does help a lot and you can eyeball all your food after while. The key is consistency and fine tuning/adjusting along the way depending on your goals. Also, I like cooking very simple meals and that makes my life easy. And I don't mind eating same food every day :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

antlas

Post by antlas »

Thurs - 45 minute run.

Fri - day 1 of 80%
SQ 3 sets of 5 at 120
BP 3 sets of 5 at 80
PU 3 sets of 5 with +5

Sat - 40 minute run. Getting a little faster, my average pace (while staying under 150 bpm) has dropped from 13:45 to 12:45.

Sun - recovery. 25 minutes of yoga, and 1 hour of BJJ.