mikhou's training log

mikhou

Re: mikhou's training log

Post by mikhou »

Max Strength Day - OHP/Barbell rows/SQ

I was supposed to do some KB swings at the end and later today some core work. I am also supposed to do a HIC session tomorrow. However, I am now meeting some guys for soccer this evening (which I stink at, but those guys are fun and it's a good workout). So I'm going to count the soccer as my HIC, and I'm moving the KBs and core work to tomorrow before taking an easy week.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

KB swings and core work.

That was the last session before an easy week. Looking forward to it.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest day

Today - BP and SQ - 5 reps at deload percentages (40/50/60% of TM), 15 minutes steady state run just to get some easy work in

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest day

Today - OHP, Barbell Rows, and DL - 5 reps at deload percentages (40/50/60% of TM), 20 minutes steady state run just to get some easy work in

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest day

Today - Fun Run - 1 hour. Every 6 minutes alternate between A/B:
A - 20 squats / 20 push-ups
B - 10 pull-ups / 20 sit-ups

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest day

Today - Op I/A TB (2nd Ed.) Session 1 - BP/WCU/SQ

So I just came off of a deload week, and the 3 weeks before that was a mini-cycle (3 weeks) playing with some rep maxes. I was surprised at how tired I was at the end of the 3 weeks. I'm not saying that there isn't a place for rep maxes, but for me, perhaps it's not something that I want to use often or continuously. That being said, I am still playing around with how to incorporate some additional exercises while still doing strength 3x/wk and conditioning 3x/wk. So I am going to use Op I/A from TB, 2nd Ed. I know that this was superseded with Op I/A in TB, 3rd Ed. And let me say this publicly that I LOVE Op I/A TB, 3rd Ed, and that template will be my standard for the foreseeable future. However, I want to play with a larger cluster without going full on Zulu (strength training 4x/wk). Essentially, Op I/A TB, 2nd Ed. is Fighter with an accessory day thrown in, and I made good progress with Fighter while doing BB. So my plan is to setup the next six weeks like this:

Day 1 - Max Strength - BP/WCU/SQ
Day 2 - HIC
Day 3 - Max Strength - OHP/Barbell rows/DL
Day 4 - Rest
Day 5 - HIC
Day 6 - Max Strength - BP/WCU/SQ
Day 7 - E/GC (alternating) Getting in one E session every 14 days.
Day 8 - Rest

Again, this is an experiment. I am traveling in about six weeks. I will then return home after 2 weeks. After that I plan to go full on Op I/A, 3rd Ed. again with BP/WCU/SQ/ DL (once per week).

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

HIC #5. Indoor Power Intervals - I like to just roll through all of the HICs for variety's sake. So even though doing this one outside is so similar to 600 Meter Resets, I just took a Gymboss and did it outside anyway.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

OHP - 5x5 @ 39.9kg
Barbell row - 5x5 @ 57.1kg
DL - 5x5 @ 87.7kg
KB swings 18kg x 100 reps (30, 30, 20, 20)

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest day

Today - HIC #8. BOO II - Hitting sprints after burpeess is tough!

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

BP - 5x5 @ 68.7kg
WCU - 5x5 @ 70.5kg
SQ - 5x5 @ 88.7kg
Farmer's walk - 2 round of 100 yards with 24kg dumbbells