New to program, please help...

MxS/SE/HIC/E
ISPRocky

New to program, please help...

Post by ISPRocky »

I'm starting Block 1 - Base Building in June. My question is, at what point during the first 5 weeks do I test for my 1 rep max and on what days? Thanks.

Green2Blue

Re: New to program, please help...

Post by Green2Blue »

I'm sure it says where in the book. But without looking at it, just do it whenever you want. It doesn't matter that much. You're using a TM anyway. If I personally had to pick a time it would be right before starting MS.

Aelian

Post by Aelian »

ISPRocky wrote:I'm starting Block 1 - Base Building in June. My question is, at what point during the first 5 weeks do I test for my 1 rep max and on what days? Thanks.
You don't need to get too accurate with the strength training during base. Just guesstimate a conservative max if need be. Do a proper retest after Base, and before Continuation.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

If you haven't much weightlifting before TB and Basebuilding, then work up to a conservative triple and use that for the 3 week period as your max. When you finish that do a proper retest for a more accurate training max.

This gives you the chance to build up some volume and groove the movement after all that running and bodyweight work.

ISPRocky

Post by ISPRocky »

Thank you everyone! I have a solid foundation so I will just "guestimate" conservatively. I appreciate the time to help.