OHP is so underrated

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Barkadion

Re: OHP is so underrated

Post by Barkadion »

jzt wrote:A more visual display... should give you a good general idea.
Thank you! It looks like you are mixing OHP&BP withing one training session.. Interesting. I've never thought about that...

Why don't just follow to ABA as OP from TB2 recommends? Just curious..

But if it works for you don't fix it :)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

jzt

Post by jzt »

Barkadion wrote:
Thank you! It looks like you are mixing OHP&BP withing one training session.. Interesting. I've never thought about that...

Nope im doing Squat/Bench/Chins, Squat/Press/Chins+Deadlifts, Squat/Bench/Chins

Its hardly a big tweak regarding the clusters, im just adding a bit of variety. I tweaked the % and rep ranges because i didnt like the originals. Some weeks were way too easy while others way too hard. This allows for a more steady progression.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

jzt wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

Its hardly a big tweak regarding the clusters, im just adding a bit of variety. I tweaked the % and rep ranges because i didnt like the originals. Some weeks were way too easy while others way too hard. This allows for a more steady progression.
OK I see.. Got confused a little with the spreadsheet. Sounds great...

I might run -

S/B/WPU
DL/Press/Rows
S/B/WPU
Repeat.

Some time in the future...

jzt

Post by jzt »

Barkadion wrote:
jzt wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

OK I see.. Got confused a little with the spreadsheet. Sounds great...

I might run -

S/B/WPU
DL/Press/Rows
S/B/WPU
Repeat.

Some time in the future...
I think that a great way to mix things up and delay/avoid overuse. I wouldn't like S/B/WPU alternating with DL/Press/Rows, simply because DLing 50% of your workouts is too taxing., but the way you set it up is very nice. The only challenge I see is progressive overload with Rows. Some people manage to do it, but I prefer keeping track of my pulling strength with WPUs and using rows as assistance with higher reps.

Let me know how it goes.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

jzt wrote:I prefer keeping track of my pulling strength with WPUs and using rows as assistance with higher reps.
This is my thought as well. I am thinking of inverted rows that should prehab upper back as well as add some variety to pulling movement.

Also, it is 30% of Dling. The structure is ABA, ABA. Not ABA, BAB.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

On deadlifting:

A few blocks ago I did DL and SQ every workout on Operator. I always did the minimum sets for that week on DL and = to or +1 that for SQ (so week 1 was 4 sets of Squat and 3 of DL, but week 3 was 3 of each). And I came out of that feeling okay. The block before that I had done all PU for my back exercise and no DLs.

YMMV, FWIW, and all that.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

VenomousCoffee wrote:On deadlifting:

A few blocks ago I did DL and SQ every workout on Operator. I always did the minimum sets for that week on DL and = to or +1 that for SQ (so week 1 was 4 sets of Squat and 3 of DL, but week 3 was 3 of each). And I came out of that feeling okay. The block before that I had done all PU for my back exercise and no DLs.

YMMV, FWIW, and all that.
I tried to do TB mass grey man with squats and dead lifts alternating. I used a very conservative max, but it absolutely killed me anyway.
I can't do high volume deadlifts sadly. I can pull singles all day, but anything over two and I am in struggle street.

I am looking forward to going back to my trusty OP Swat cluster and black.