OneOfManyRobs Training Log

OneOfManyRobs

Re: OneOfManyRobs Training Log

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

1/20/2020
BB Block wk 7
Planned rest day
3.6 mile hike with family

We'll see how recuperative today was when I do SE tomorrow.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

1/21/2020
BB Block wk 8

Rest day. Felt tired and out of it entire day, decided to take recovery day.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

1/22/2020
BB Block wk 8
SE - 2 x 30
All w/ 16kg kettlebell
Swings 2H
Goblet squats
Renegade row
Floor press
Inverted row - 15 reps

My SE is certainly a weak spot. I'd like to revisit it after my overall strength and conditioning has improved.

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

1/23/2020
BB Block wk 8
HIC - 600m resets x 4

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

1/24/2020
BB Block wk 8

Planned rest/recovery day.

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

1/25/2020
BB Block wk 8
SE - 1 x 30
Kettlebell swings
Goblet squats
Renegade row
Floor press
KB deadlifts - 24kg

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

1/26/2020
BB Block wk 8
HIC - 600m resets x 5

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

1/27/2020
BB Block wk 8
LSS - jog x 47:30
Jogged 4 miles, up and then down a large, gradual hill.

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

Thoughts on completing Base Building:

BB was a real eye-opener on the sorry state of my strength and conditioning. The SE sessions for the last 3 weeks were particularly challenging. I'm encouraged by the fact that I can now continuously jog for 45+ minutes without much difficulty, which I couldn't do before the BB block.

I've talked about goals for myself here before, but I'm realizing that I don't really have a good grasp on what is and isn't reasonable to accomplish in the remainder of the year. So, I'm going instead to commit to following the program, and see where it takes me. I'll be putting in about an hour of training, 5 days a week. My goals are:

1. Increase overall work capacity
2. Increase max strength
3. Lose fat

The remainder of this week is the TBII prescribed rest week. The following two weeks will be spent traveling for personal reasons. I'll do some LSS runs and HIC sessions during those weeks to keep in practice, and then launch into the continuation protocol the week on 2/18.

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

2/4/2020
E - jog x 40 minutes
Felt good to knock the cobwebs off!